Spotify, Apple Music, or YouTube Red?

Spotify no question. The auto generated playlists are usually spot on.

3 Likes

This, although I only used them for free period Apple Music being 3 months an mostly use Spotify as student discount, However, just joined EE* so 6 months free Apple Music I may need to check it out again since the updates just found it more complex to use over Spotify imo heard itā€™s now easier on iOS 10.

• British mobile network operator.
1 Like

What is EE and how did you get 3 more months free?

1 Like

Nope! I see the draw to live radio (since it has a DJ, which is entertaining). I personally donā€™t like live radio because (1) commercials, and (2) I canā€™t listen to what I want, when I want.

Yeah, Iā€™m wondering the same thing. What is EE?

EE (formerly Everything Everywhere) is a British mobile network operator, internet service provider and a division of BT Group. Theyā€™re offering 6 months Apple Music for new contracts (I got the 7+) but theyā€™re an expensive network at the same time so weā€™re probably actually paying for the 6 months of Apple Music anyway ;).

@Drumrocker365

1 Like

Wow, interesting. Iā€™ve never heard of them!

I understand now. My go to is Spotify and iTunes.

1 Like

Hadnā€™t even thought of thisā€¦ wow!

I recently switched to Spotify from Apple Music, but am considering switching back. Spotify is more ubiquitous in terms of some social media connections and the like, but Apple Music just felt smoother to me.

I tried Apple Music when it first came out. Did the 3 month trial and hated it. I personally prefer Spotify for music, but I love YouTube Red too much to cancel, so I settle for Google Play Music. Google Play Music is pretty good, but there arenā€™t as many playlists and the interface is blah. I donā€™t want to go without YouTube Red though, I use it daily!

No i listen to Amazon Music through my Dot as well as my phone one the way to work.

For me itā€™s Spotify. The family plan (6 premium accounts for Ā£15 a month) is a bargain, they have all the music I want and works across all platforms. While being platform neutral can be said for Amazon prime and YouTube red/ Google music, Iā€™ve had no reason to switch from Spotify at all

1 Like

I switched from Spotify to Apple Music. I tried the original 3 month trial of Apple Music and didnā€™t like it much, but after the latest updates it has become a lot better and I decided to switch back and now Iā€™m loving it.

Personally I use Spotify, here are my reasons:

Spotify: Good audio quality, GREAT app on Android and IOS as well as a good desktop and web app, the best SOCIAL experience in any music app

Apple music: Terrible app on Android, good app on IOS, not as good auido quality as Spotify, decent desktop client, no web client

Google Play Music / YouTube Red: The best value, good online storage, great app for IOS and Anroid, average quality, the best online storage sollution, discount on the Google Play Store of 10%

Honestly I like them all but they have specific purposes and different devices I use different things;

Mobile;
Mainly Amazon Music or Spotify, I did like Apple Music but after 6/Mo trial I didnā€™t renew but it was good!

Desktop;
Mainly YouTube or Spotify although I sometimes use Amazon music but it does lack lots of titles and a lot of new music that YouTube and Spotify generally have.

Spotify for me. Have Amazon Music as well, but Spotify is my default.

google play for me. because I can upload all my own music.

Deezer for me, plus if you use a VPN and sign up for a Brazilian account you get it a wholelot cheaper.

Spotify for me. Signed up for premium, so I can save playlists to my phone and listen on the go without using data on my phone plan. It also works on the Sonos system at home.