Soundcore Spirit X2 audio dropouts on Windows 10 Laptop

I just recieved a pair of Soundcore Spirit X2 earphones and while they work perfectly with my android phone i’m having issues using them with my Windows 10 laptop. They connect and pair with no problem, sound great, and audio is in sync when watching youtube videos, but the audio will randomly cut out and come back every so many seconds.

My bluetooth drivers are up to date, I tried running the W10 troubleshooter to no avail and also disabled ‘hands free telephony’ in the bluetooth services properties as some online have suggested, but unfortunately nothing has fixed the issue so far. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

I had that issue of massive volume drops on Spirit X so first thing I would do is reset the earbuds and see if that helps.

Steps to reset:

1. Place both earbuds into the charging case and keep the case open.
  2. Press and hold the button on the back of the case until the indicators on the earbuds flash red 3 times and then turn white.

If this doesn’t help, email Soundcore at service@soundcore.com and let them know everything you did so it helps them out as well.

If this helped you, mark it as a “Solution” so it is pinned in top and others having the same issue can get an answer right away. Let us know if there are any updates

I tried resetting the earbuds but this hasn’t helped unfortunately. I have also discovered the issue only affects youtube video exclusively, for example if I play an MP4 file from my hard drive the sound is perfect, but with youtube I get lots of random audio dropouts.

I have emailed customer service but they are trying to get me to start a warranty claim and I don’t believe the earphones themselves are faulty to be honest.

1 Like

I’m guessing the Bluetooth chip is close to the WiFi card in your laptop. When you stream YouTube, your laptop’s WiFi card is utilized heavily which generates interference for the Bluetooth signal. When playing a local MP4 file, your WiFi is generally not needed so the Bluetooth signal is not interrupted.

You could try purchasing an external USB Bluetooth dongle on Amazon (typically around $10-$20) to see if it helps. I like using a USB 2.0 extension cord (I emphasize the “two” as USB 3.0 can also generate interference) to help keep the dongle further away from the laptop’s hardware.

1 Like