Soundcore Spirit 2 magnetic on/off?

Will soundcore spirit 2 feature the magnetic on/off when they touch, like some other wireless earbuds do?

From the appearance, they dont look like, they have roundish edge

1 Like

While some soundcore products have magnets to keep them together, none of them have ever offered magnetic on or off. I doubt we will see it with the spirit 2 coming out. It may be something for them to work towards in the future though

1 Like

I had the Anker SoundBuds IE20 In-Ear Bluetooth Earbuds, and remember these turned OFF when magnetic earbuds came together

2 Likes

@Tank is still technically correct. No soundcore product has ever featured a magnetic on off switch.

Anker headphones are another story.

:grin:

I think I remember reading that there were multiple instances of problems and reliability with the magnetic on-off switch. That explains why we havenā€™t seen this very cool feature in more of their headphones.

Fingers crossed they work out the bugs (if there are any they might have been isolated events) and implement this magnetic on off in Future models.

3 Likes

Again, i said Soundcore earbuds. I too had the Ie20 and while they did go off and on it was finicky at best and didnt always work properly

2 Likes

Good observation, @Shenoy!

2 Likes

Does that mean that they wonā€™t feature magnets at all?

No, Iā€™m sure they will have magnets to clip together just not a magnetic on off switch.

This is just speculation until we find somebody who knows or one of us gets our hands on a pair but Iā€™m fairly sure.

@Insider any info on whether or not the Spirit 2 is magnetic or not?

@ndalby do you think this thread should be merged with @Insider 's product announcement?

https://community.anker.com/t/coming-soon-spirit-2-spirit-x2-soundcores-first-earbuds-with-usb-c/69993?u=thedude

I donā€™t myself, but believe @Shenoy has made a good observation.

It does seem a bit strange that they would remove this feature with the second generationā€¦

We shouldnā€™t have to wait too much longer to find out for sure!

1 Like

:wink: Iā€™m picking up what youā€™re putting down.

Yeah @Shenoy does have a Keen eye although I would be surprised if they didnā€™t have the ability to magnetically clip together. Also from the appearance and length of the barrel it looks like there is plenty of room for an extra magnet besides the speaker itself.

1 Like

Anker has been surprising us with amazing products and features over time, I will be happy if they surprise us again with both Magnetic clip & / On-Off option.

Iā€™m a little confused on why you think a beveled edge on the end of the ear bud is necessary.

Iā€™ll give you that the blue ones on the left do appear to have a slightly raised edge but looking a little closer it appears that is just an optical illusion. Take a look at the red headphone.