Soundcore Motion+ bluetooth stopped working after reset attempt

Hi I tried to reset my motion+ because even with the latest firmware (34.38) it keeps on losing my custom eq settings randomly and I wanted to reinstall the latest firmware to see if that would fix it. I thought I followed the reset instructions for the motion+ after a internet search but now wonder if it was for another soundcore product. What I tried was holding down the start button and the bass up button for 8 seconds, but now I get no bluetooth connections or bluetooth light, no startup tones or shutdown tones, I have to hold the off button for 4 or 5 second to turn it off, if I hold the start button for 8 seconds it shutsdown with a crackly sound but will not solve the issue.
It will work via a aux cable but that’s it. I’ve tried every button combination I can think of to reset it or just get it to work with the bluetooth all with no luck.
Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

2 Likes

I am having the same issue days after receiving the speaker. Except that for me this occurred seemingly at a random time, just one time I turned the speaker on. Also even the AUX playback doesn’t work. I’ve reset the bluetooth multiple times by holding down the bluetooth and + buttons for 2s, but the bluetooth light simply will not come on.

1 Like

Try Anker support, They are very helpful. They replaced my unit without problems. Pity I could not get the other unit working, I feel that I was trying so many button combinations to get a reset I did something to the speaker. My suggestion was to provide the reset instructions with the documentation, also it should not happen but being a new speaker it perhaps takes time to find these issues?

1 Like

Hello, i have the same problems with my unit. The eq settings are lost after a few days. Did the replacement solve your problem?

1 Like

Yes so far the new unit had not thrown the eq settings I,ve set and more importantly the bluetooth works.

2 Likes

How long did it take to get the replacement? Ive contacted the support yesterday :slight_smile:

1 Like

They are quite quick and very helpful, they will want you to try some trouble shooting to see if the units fixable. If the problems cannot be resolved it will take a few days to get a replacement.

2 Likes

I have the same problem with the 34.38 version of the firmware. I have contacted their support
and they suggested the following troubleshooting procedure:

"- Full charging your speaker first.

• Holding the Bluetooth and Volume+ buttons at the same for 3-5S to reset.
  • Turn off your device and speaker,then turn them on and test again.
  • Re-install the App, and try the speaker with another device if possible."

It did not help. My Motion+ speaker with 34.38 firmware remembers my custom equalizer tunning only for very short periods and then its memory fades away and it reverts to Bass Up mode, and in my case also reverts to zero volume.

2 Likes

I tried this too and my unit doesnt remember it. Its like a reset on default settings. Hopefully a new unit can solve the problem.

1 Like

You should have the serial number on the bottom of the device, I don’t know what else to advise you. True I don’t think customers should be beta testing the company’s products but it seems to be the way things are going.

1 Like

As Jonhowardwise said you can find the serial number on the speaker bottom side. See image. You can also find it in the app.

Just contact their support team they are very responsive.

2 Likes

Yesterday they have updated their app. Not the firmware, but the Android app. So far it looks as if this update solved my speaker’s problems. I don’t want to be conclusive yet, but try it. Update your app and check the speaker again.

1 Like

I don’t see that the apps been updated, its not updated in the play store that I can see( uk) It would not solve my issue anyway as the unit has no bluetooth working so cannot communicate with my phone or computer. They did replace it with a new one and I was having no issues until today, it threw the custom setting to bass up and the volume went to zero. That’s not a big issue for me, just have to reset the custom settings but it does make me wonder about the long term reliability of the unit after my problems with the first unit.

Same for me. I get a new unit and it throws the settings away after a few days. But now i have two units because i could keep the other one :grin: maybe it’s a problem with the firmware 34.38.

1 Like

I am having the exact same issue with my brand new Motion+ on 34.38. Hopefully it is sorted soon as it sounds great with custom EQ and having to re-enter all the setting every time I want to use the speaker is pretty frustrating.

Hi Everyone! Just received my new Motion+ speaker. Loving it, amazing sound and build quality. I hve the latest firmware 34.38 installed and have the official app on my android smartphone. But I am facing the same issie discussed here as it seems that my speaker forget my custom eq settings after what seems like more than 5 hours. The speaker reverts back to bass up and customs eq settings are gone copletely and I need to insert everythong from scratch. Is it ok, or something wrong with my unit?

Hello everyone! I recieved my new Motion+ speaker with firmware 34.38 and realized that my EQ settings revert to BassUp after a while. From the discussion it seems that this is a common problem, did anyone solve this, or at least got some feedback from Anker Support?

@jonhowardwise Please try updating the firmware of your Motion+ speaker to the latest version 35.38 to test again.

Is there a way to manually update to v35? I just bought a motion+ and it’s on v33, however in the app it says it’s the latest and doesn’t give an option to upgrade to v34 or v35

sorry to jump in but i would agree with ActionZ . the app say up to date on 33.35…