Soundcore Life Q20 headphones volume fluctuations

Hi,
I just purchased a pair of Soundcore Life Q20 headphones and when noise cancelation is turned on, the volume on more"complex" songs fluctuates very noticeably.
As an example, when I play Billy Taken - Devil On My Shoulder, the fluctuations are extreme.
It is far less noticeable on easier, more homogenous songs like most pop or hiphop songs, but the Billy Talent songs and many other rock songs show this behavior.

It disappears when I turn off NC.

Does anybody know a solution? I contacted support but so far only got one of those prewritten standard replies.

Best regards
Alex

1 Like

Try resetting your headphones to see if it solves the issue. Also, the customer service reps seem to be stationed in China so you should get a response in a few hours or past midnight if you’re in US

Hi @baumannalex
I too found the ANC impacts the sound on then Q20’s.
I find it dulled/muffled the sound slightly.
To be fair, I have also experienced similar issue on Sony headphones I’ve tried.
I don’t use it now while listing to music, i use it when i need some peace and quiet and to shut the world out :sunglasses:

Hmm that’s odd because it doesn’t do that in Life 2 during ANC. It does lower the sound a bit but bumping the volume up or turning BassUp on does the job for me.

Love it thank for the valuable information…

The sound is lowered when activating ANC.
But that is not the effect i am taking about.

Does anybody have the song? If so, you will hear the ANC trying to normalize the volume and doing a poor job of it (on my set).
I will have mine replaced and hope it is not a programming error but just a buggy pair of headphones.