Soundcore Life P2 Left Side connected but no Sound

Hi there people :slight_smile:
I have used my Soundcore Life P2 wireless earbuds for a few weeks now,
but today, after a short break where they rested in the charging case,
the left earbud wont play a sound anymore.
Both Earbuds connect and are recognized,
there is just no sound playing at all on the left side.

I tried resetting, reconnecting, doing both etc.
Nothing worked so far, which makes me think, the speaker might be broken.
Do you have any idea how I could be able to either make sure it’s actually broken or find another way of resetting that might fix that problem?

Thanks for all of your help.
Tim

1 Like

Have you tried connecting to another device at all, like a tablet or other phone to see if it has the same behavior?

1 Like

Hey, thanks for your answer.
I’ve also tried connecting another device, but the same behavior appears.
The problem actually already starts when getting the earpods out.
When they turn on, only the right one plays the “turning on” sound and further signals.

2 Likes

Sounds like a replacement is in order. Did you order them online, or from a store?

I ordered them off Amazon, so I’ll contact them there.
Thanks for your help

1 Like

You can try to reset them. Forget them in your BT settings, then turn off BT on your device then You put them in the case. Make sure the light is on for both buds. Leave the case open and press and hold the button on the back for 10 seconds until they blink red 3 times. Then turn BT back on take them out and pair again. Make sure when you connect them that you wait for the pair requests to come up before exiting BT settings. Also sometimes you need to turn on the left one after taking it out of the case. Rarely it happened to me like twice.

10 Likes

Thanks for your suggestion,
I had read about that already and tried it unsuccessfully.

When it happens to you, does your earbud play any sound like the “turning on” or “searching for BT” sounds?

We are sorry to hear your headphones are not working properly. According to the information you described, the issue you are experiencing is very unusual. Thank you for trying some troubleshooting already, please also try the following steps to see if it helps at all.

Forget the pairing record on the device, reset per below steps and try to pair them again.

1. Place the earbuds into the charging case and make sure they are being charged with a steady light on the earbuds.
  2. Press and hold the button on both earbuds for 3 seconds. The LED indicators will flash red 3 times and then turn white.

If the issue still persists, don’t worry, please don’t hesitate to contact us at service@soundcore.com by detailing your order number and the problem you come across. We will reply you within 24 hours.

Hi and thanks for your suggestion.
That was actually the first thing I tried (and have tried several times now)
without any success.

I have contacted AnkerDirect DE via Amazon, where I purchased them,
and am already in contact with their support there.

Thank a lot for your help

It varies. This pair I have isn’t straight from AnkerDirect so I’m screwed on a replacement but I usually just make sure they are in the case correctly, which isn’t hard, then close the case. Sometimes they will not reconnect to the last BT device but I think it’s because they are slightly defective and the company that sold them to me won’t do an exchange.

Every time I search for Soundcore Life Note I get Life P2 suggestions. If you have the Life Note A3908 then the reset it slightly different but crucial.
Step1
Place in charging case (make sure they are both charging)

Step2
Hold both buttons on earbuds (red light will flash 3 times and release)

Step 3
Immediately place them closely together but look at the indicator lights. You are looking for the right earbud to blink white rapidly. Keep them close until it happens. Its almost like NFC. You will get 2 blutooth request from you phone (Samsung A70) one for each bud and they should sync together as well

4 Likes

Welcome to our community and thank you very much for the tips you’ve shared! :+1:

@AnkerOfficial I have the same issue. Both are connected, but the left side is really, really quiet. I’ve fully charged and reset the buds, and reconnected with my iphone. Still the same issue. I can activate Siri from the left bud, so it is connected. Just no sound.

1 Like

@groves Try taking some rubbing alcohol or peroxide with a q tip and clean up the earbuds. Wax can get inside and make the sound muffled. Hope this helps.

@Unnamed Thanks, but they look pretty clean to me. The sound is not just muffled: I can only hear anything if I turn the volume all the way up, and then just barely.

1 Like

I had the exact same problem and it seems that the earphone reset will do it alone. I played around a bit a found that if you reset you phone and your earphones then re-connect it works again. But I would also advise when you reset both devices play around with the timing if it doesn’t work.

1 Like

Hey guys. I have a similar issue, but slightly different, in that I can get them both to connect to my Macbook, but then when picking up a call it drops the left. I mean every application, browsers, music, video editing software - they all pass sound through both buds, but when a webinar or call (facetime, Apple Calls, WebEx - everything) it drops the left. I’ve tried the red light reset. Nope - nothing. Off the call they return to both. The device will even tell me that the battery is high as soon as the call starts, like when taking them out of the charger.

Anyone had any luck getting them both to pair? It’s a Mid 2015 macbook with the latest OS.

{Update}
I had a pair of SoundPeats earbuds that I was able to get working on the same macbook yesterday - Both mics and speakers worked, so it’s not a bluetooth or software issue. It’s almost like when the SoundCore Life P2s detect that it’s an app that will use the microphones, they cut the left one out. I can take the left out and leave the right in the case - Macbook bluetooth will connect and use the left earbud. So it’s not that the left’s mic doesn’t work. If anyone has or has not had the same happen, please post. If it’s an issue with all Life P2s, people should know about it. If not I want to return these for a new pair.

Hi Anker Supporters and Friends,

I’ve bought a new Anker Life p2 from amazon (https://www.amazon.co.jp/dp/B07X9KPBC1/ref=cm_sw_r_fm_apa_i_QTMVEbSKWWMET).

I find that my Life P2 connected but no sound from the right side. I tried reset sometime but it didnt work. The button and mic seem work correctly but no sound. Suddenly I find that if I push a little force to the right earbud there was sound. But if I release sound will disappear. I think it not the problem of connection ability but the hardware.

Do you have any suggestion for my case?

I will tried to contact to store in amazon for replacement.

Thank you.

That definitely sounds like a hardware issue. Best of luck.

Thank u, bro!