SoundCore Life P2 - Any way to deactivate the blinking connection lights?

I find the constantly blinking LEDs on these headphones annoying. Is there any way to disable them.
They seem unnecessary. I know my headphones are connected because my phone and my ears tell me so. Plus I can’t see the lights anyway so they don’t help me and they just serve to annoy other people. For example, it annoys my partner if wearing them in a darkened bedroom.

This is only bad design decision on an otherwise fantastic product. If there is any way to alter this I’d be very happy.
Thanks, Caspar

3 Likes

There isn’t a way to turn of the blinking light. Maybe if you don’t mind it take a sharpie or a little bit of black paint over the light if you don’t need it at all. Just a suggestion even if it’s a bad one.

1 Like

Here are the instruction of the indicators for the Soundcore Life P2:

Power on: Light up white
In pairing mode: rapidly flash white
When connected and pause: Slow flash white
When connected and play: off
Power off: Off
Low Power: Flash red
Charging: Power indicator breath white
Fully charged: off

If the earbuds perform unusually, please try the following steps to see how it works:

Forget the pairing record on the device, reset per below steps and try to pair them again.

1. Place the earbuds into the charging case and make sure they are being charged with a steady light on the earbuds.
  2. Press and hold the button on both earbuds for 3 seconds. The LED indicators will flash red 3 times and then turn white.

Be assured that we always stand behind our products, providing an 18-month warranty that covers any quality or manufacturing related issue.

In order to make up for your inconvenience as soon as possible, please don’t hesitate to contact us at service@soundcore.com by detailing your order number and the problem you come across. We will reply to you within 24 hours.

1 Like

Seriously its a big turn off…
Especially in a dark room

1 Like

What type of answer is this? You 100% failed to address the question by the Original Poster… tell us how to permenatnly turn off the blinking white lights so when they are outside of the charging case they never blink again for any reason whatsoever. I never want to see blinking white lights again for any reason… tell me how to turn them off!

1 Like

I was equally annoyed by this. After reading this I guessed there isn’t a solution so I stuck a tiny square of black tape on mine:

1 Like

This is a deliberately misleading response to the question and it in no way addresses the question. The correct response appears to be:

There is no way to disable the LED indicators on the Soundcore Life P2

Please delete your answer ans unresponsive to the question, and misleading to search engines and people who rely on them.

This is a ridiculous answer and doesnt even address the question

I’ll be honest. Of all my Anker products. This is the first one I regret. I never dreamt of such a concern. There are so many options in the app, they should have made it possible to disable the strobing lights. I end up using my $35 no-name ones at night and in darker rooms for conference calls. The call and sound quality are good to great, but this particular thing clearly has more than just me irritated between here and soundcore’s forum.

Cover up with ink? It’s the easiest solution.

An Eagle Scout - your own description of yourself - should not find it too difficult to come up with a simple way of temporarily or permanently covering a tiny round and flat led light less than 1mm across.
Tape, paint, a black marker pen - a thousand possibilities!

1 Like

Well said.

The scientist in me wonders if the time spent complaining exceeds the time it takes to apply a dab of paint?

I expect eventually future Soundcore products will have the lights disable option, but I’d recommend to assume released products are frozen as is.

For this reason when buying either do deep research, ask questions from owners or buy with a free return period and test them thoroughly in the return window.

Except I have the white Liberty 2 Pro and the light emits from beneath a lip. A quick Google will show that this is not an original complaint. This is a picture of them currently connected with audio playing. It flashes intermittently. This is the complaint. It’s not some small spot that just needs to be covered.

On the surface this makes sense, until you see how anker responds as though they addressed the concern, which skews search results. Few people would ever think to consider if an LED is going to continue flashing like the beacon beneath an airplane, when no other braded earbuds they’ve owned have ever done that. But when you do dig into that particular thing, you see that it has been a common complaint dismissed for several years. At this point, I am not expecting them to retroactively update anything, I’m not silly. It is more of a squeaky wheel for them to potentially adjust this in the future.

I added my thoughts because people who search should be able to find that it is still a happening. If people don’t speak on the matter, then the research you propose would never have worked in the first place, no?

I think the fight to win is products being designed will have it , so yes keep asking but Soundcore community is better than here and probably based on the last podcast it’s good to also duck a star on Amazon review as they said they mostly base decisions on Amazon reviews.

For the product in hand, it is what it is…

1 Like

yaa i noticed that problem but there is a trick if you playing music and videos the flashing is off ,if you push the audio or video they again flash ,so the flashing says that you pushed audio or video

images%20(22) when you use 100%of you brain