Soundcore Boost not pairing

My Soundcore Boost has become a PITA. It will pair but then the next time I go to use it it will refuse to pair to my iPhone8. When I try to re-pair it doesn’t connect and when I “forget device” and try to set up as new it is not recognized. The instructions for pairing has a finger pushing the power button and then a >2" and a small clock showing either 15 seconds, 15 minutes or 3:00 LOL. Not sure what that means.

2 Likes

Hi, I found the manual… here is the pic, and then I can help w/ the process…

3D0F9C97-C159-4F74-9828-6589AE138004

The 2” means press and hold for 2 seconds. Then turn Bluetooth on, on your device.

If you have connected to another device, then when you turn on the boost, it may want to go back to the last device you paired with.

If that’s the case, then the lower part of the photo above will help with removing the second / third / etc device.

Let me know if you find success. :wink:

5 Likes

Thanks. That did it.

2 Likes

Hooray, hope you find the speaker enjoyable :slight_smile:

There is a other community for just the Soundcore stuff, and it’s a bit busier…

Community.Soundcore.com

1 Like

I am having the same problem and planning to return my Boost. I’ve had it a few months and it was prefect, I use it with my iPad. Then, after the 00.39 firmware, every time I turn on the Boost the iPad can’t see it and I have to hard reset the Boost and re-pair. I am only using the Boost with the iPad so it’s not an issue of it having to swap between devices. I have just have to re-pair again this morning. Anker, plz reach out if you want else this is going back to Amazon and I will try a different manufacturer. Everything was fine before the 00.39 update.

1 Like

I wonder if there is a way to revert to an old firmware

The support team do not proactively monitor and contact community members with hardware issues. I would suggest you contact service@soundcore.com for direct support

The support team do not proactively monitor and contact community members with hardware issues. I would suggest you contact service@soundcore.com for direct support

Yes if you reach out to service as @ndalby mentioned they maybe able to roll back your firmware update.

They will want to know details, like purchase info, date place etc.

Also details as to the malfunction.

They have in the past helped roll back updates , and also 18month warranty if needed.