SoundCore 2 Battery Capacity?

I watched SoundCore 2 teardown video on youtube*

You can see a 2600mAH battery inside the speaker but Anker says; there is a 5200mAH battery on amazon.

24H Non-Stop Music: Anker’s world-renowned power management technology and a 5200mAh Li-ion battery deliver a full day of sublime sound.

2 Likes

Not for nothing but he didn’t pull out or remove the batteries, which would possibly show two of those which would equal the 5200mAH. I don’t own one so I can’t take it apart to verify.
Of course they did have a revision so the one in the video could have been an older non revision

2 Likes

There is nothing said about the capacity of the battery at AMAZON.de
I think there are 2 batteries attached.

And the fellow who is disassembling the speaker in this video is a real butcher! (His table-knive!!!)

Check amazon.com

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01MTB55WH/ref=twister_B077SQY6CG?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

As everyone said there could be two of them. My soundcore 2 works great and lasts a long time.

Thats a 2 pack battery system. If you read the label it is an 18650 battery. They are a tube style battery not a rectangular one. The label is there to show what is inside the packaging not what the battery is. 2 of these batteries is 5400 mAh. If you look close enough you can even see the rolls on the edges indicating 2 are inside. Ignore the labels on the one below its only for dimension purposes.

7 Likes

The battery has 2 cells and is as big as advertised.

Scientific explanation:

Battery size (amount of energy) is measured in Wh 19.24Wh=7.4Volt*2,600Ah.
although the marketing unit is mAh, this is not logical, because mAh says nothing about a battery when the voltage is not given.
However, normally, 3.7V is the default value used.

The battery capacity is 19.2Wh. This is the 3.7V equivalent of 5200mAh.

The battery does have two 2600mAh 3.7V cells, they’re just connected in series, which doubles the voltage, instead of mAh.
Those two exact same cells in parallel would result in
3.7V *5200mAh = the same 19.24Wh

1 Like