Share Your Story | Fourth Anniversary Edition

Well I figure I can share my favourite birthday memory. It has to do with my nan. We shared a very special bond as we both shared the same birthday.

Every year, we always travel to see her, celebrate together with family and enjoy our time together.

Of all of the birthdays we shared, the most special was her 100th birthday. We had a lot of planning to do for such a momentous occasion. We had the hall at her seniors center all fancied up, had relatives and friends whom we hadn’t seen in ages attend. Food took up half of the hall, and fancy decorations befitting of a the esteemed guest.

A special treat for her, we had congratulatory messages from all levels of government as well as a fitting birthday message from Queen Elizabeth.

This done all unbeknownst to my nan.

All of the hard work, effort and surprise was rewarded, when she walked into the hall. The look on her face was priceless and reminded me of the wonder on someones face, 95 years younger. So energized and excited, was well worth it and made for a great present for myself.

The rest of the evening entailed visiting with friends and family that we usually did not get a chance to see.

A great night was had by all.

4 Likes

#HappyBirthdayCommunity
Last year my mother, girlfriend and I went to Seattle for my birthday. We visited japanese gardens and the focus market. My Anker battery pack saved me from missing memories. :slight_smile:

Not most memorable birthday but I have most memorable birthday gift. I didn’t want anything for my 22nd birthday so I told my parents I am ok with anything. My parents decided to donate to charity with my name so I could start another year with good deed. I forgot lot of gift from my parents but that was most memorable gift I got from them.

on my birthday we went to see a giraffee sleeping

#HappyBirthdayCommunity

My best birthday was in year 2020, because I was stuck at home and couldn’t invite anyone over due to the Lockdown.

𝔇𝔦𝔡 𝔶𝔬𝔲 𝔢𝔳𝔢𝔯 𝔥𝔢𝔞𝔯 𝔱𝔥𝔢 𝔱𝔯𝔞𝔤𝔢𝔡𝔶 𝔬𝔣 𝔇𝔞𝔯𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔩𝔞𝔤𝔲𝔢𝔦𝔰 𝔘𝔥𝔢 𝔛𝔦𝔰𝔢? ℑ 𝔱𝔥𝔬𝔲𝔤𝔥𝔱 𝔫𝔬𝔱. ℑ𝔱’𝔰 𝔫𝔬𝔱 𝔞 𝔰𝔱𝔬𝔯𝔶 𝔱𝔥𝔢 𝔍𝔢𝔡𝔦 𝔴𝔬𝔲𝔩𝔡 𝔱𝔢𝔩𝔩 𝔶𝔬𝔲. ℑ𝔱’𝔰 𝔞 𝔗𝔦𝔱𝔥 𝔩𝔢𝔤𝔢𝔫𝔡. 𝔇𝔞𝔯𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔩𝔞𝔤𝔲𝔢𝔦𝔰 𝔴𝔞𝔰 𝔞 𝔇𝔞𝔯𝔨 𝔏𝔬𝔯𝔡 𝔬𝔣 𝔱𝔥𝔢 𝔗𝔦𝔱𝔥, 𝔰𝔬 𝔭𝔬𝔴𝔢𝔯𝔣𝔲𝔩 𝔞𝔫𝔡 𝔰𝔬 𝔴𝔦𝔰𝔢 𝔥𝔢 𝔠𝔬𝔲𝔩𝔡 𝔲𝔰𝔢 𝔱𝔥𝔢 𝔉𝔬𝔯𝔠𝔢 𝔱𝔬 𝔦𝔫𝔣𝔩𝔲𝔢𝔫𝔠𝔢 𝔱𝔥𝔢 𝔪𝔦𝔡𝔦𝔠𝔥𝔩𝔬𝔯𝔦𝔞𝔫𝔰 𝔱𝔬 𝔠𝔯𝔢𝔞𝔱𝔢 𝔩𝔦𝔣𝔢… ℌ𝔢 𝔥𝔞𝔡 𝔰𝔲𝔠𝔥 𝔞 𝔨𝔫𝔬𝔴𝔩𝔢𝔡𝔤𝔢 𝔬𝔣 𝔱𝔥𝔢 𝔡𝔞𝔯𝔨 𝔰𝔦𝔡𝔢 𝔱𝔥𝔞𝔱 𝔥𝔢 𝔠𝔬𝔲𝔩𝔡 𝔢𝔳𝔢𝔫 𝔨𝔢𝔢𝔭 𝔱𝔥𝔢 𝔬𝔫𝔢𝔰 𝔥𝔢 𝔠𝔞𝔯𝔢𝔡 𝔞𝔟𝔬𝔲𝔱 𝔣𝔯𝔬𝔪 𝔡𝔶𝔦𝔫𝔤. 𝔘𝔥𝔢 𝔡𝔞𝔯𝔨 𝔰𝔦𝔡𝔢 𝔬𝔣 𝔱𝔥𝔢 𝔉𝔬𝔯𝔠𝔢 𝔦𝔰 𝔞 𝔭𝔞𝔱𝔥𝔴𝔞𝔶 𝔱𝔬 𝔪𝔞𝔫𝔶 𝔞𝔟𝔦𝔩𝔦𝔱𝔦𝔢𝔰 𝔰𝔬𝔪𝔢 𝔠𝔬𝔫𝔰𝔦𝔡𝔢𝔯 𝔱𝔬 𝔟𝔢 𝔲𝔫𝔫𝔞𝔱𝔲𝔯𝔞𝔩. ℌ𝔢 𝔟𝔢𝔠𝔞𝔪𝔢 𝔰𝔬 𝔭𝔬𝔴𝔢𝔯𝔣𝔲𝔩… 𝔱𝔥𝔢 𝔬𝔫𝔩𝔶 𝔱𝔥𝔦𝔫𝔤 𝔥𝔢 𝔴𝔞𝔰 𝔞𝔣𝔯𝔞𝔦𝔡 𝔬𝔣 𝔴𝔞𝔰 𝔩𝔬𝔰𝔦𝔫𝔤 𝔥𝔦𝔰 𝔭𝔬𝔴𝔢𝔯, 𝔴𝔥𝔦𝔠𝔥 𝔢𝔳𝔢𝔫𝔱𝔲𝔞𝔩𝔩𝔶, 𝔬𝔣 𝔠𝔬𝔲𝔯𝔰𝔢, 𝔥𝔢 𝔡𝔦𝔡. 𝔙𝔫𝔣𝔬𝔯𝔱𝔲𝔫𝔞𝔱𝔢𝔩𝔶, 𝔥𝔢 𝔱𝔞𝔲𝔤𝔥𝔱 𝔥𝔦𝔰 𝔞𝔭𝔭𝔯𝔢𝔫𝔱𝔦𝔠𝔢 𝔢𝔳𝔢𝔯𝔶𝔱𝔥𝔦𝔫𝔤 𝔥𝔢 𝔨𝔫𝔢𝔴, 𝔱𝔥𝔢𝔫 𝔥𝔦𝔰 𝔞𝔭𝔭𝔯𝔢𝔫𝔱𝔦𝔠𝔢 𝔨𝔦𝔩𝔩𝔢𝔡 𝔥𝔦𝔪 𝔦𝔫 𝔥𝔦𝔰 𝔰𝔩𝔢𝔢𝔭. ℑ𝔯𝔬𝔫𝔦𝔠. ℌ𝔢 𝔠𝔬𝔲𝔩𝔡 𝔰𝔞𝔳𝔢 𝔬𝔱𝔥𝔢𝔯𝔰 𝔣𝔯𝔬𝔪 𝔡𝔢𝔞𝔱𝔥, 𝔟𝔲𝔱 𝔫𝔬𝔱 𝔥𝔦𝔪𝔰𝔢𝔩𝔣.

#HappyBirthdayCommunity

I’ll never forget my 30th Birthday! My mum told me she was taking me on a shopping trip, she hinted that we were catching a coach up north somewhere. I went to her house and she told me the next morning we had to be up early as my dad was going to drive us to the coach station. At 4am I was half asleep sat in the back of the car wondering why on earth we had to be up so early and didn’t really take much notice as we drove around the M25 towards London Heathrow airport. I wandered in thinking they must have a coach terminal and as we approached the checkout desk I looked up and saw we were actually headed to “NEW YORK” - OMG I couldn’t believe it, she’d had my passport sneakily sent up to her a few weeks prior and the next thing I knew I was on my first ever flight to America!! What an amazing trip especially as it was such a surprise!!

Here’s me as we took a stroll half way across Brooklyn bridge, then walked back into Manhattan admiring the skyline view!

3 Likes

Well for a long time I’ve been wanting a puppy :dog:
One day for my birthday my wish was granted, and I got this cute little guy! Best Birthday Ever!
Also Happy Birthday Anker!

1 Like

Is this for real?

Source https://i.redd.it/jccurdr50sj41.jpg

6 Likes

Nice catch Sherlock :rofl:

2 Likes

Not that good, if I were Sherlock I’d say exactly which page they copied it from.

I can tell it’s not the poster’s own real picture from

Compare to the real photo in the post just above

The more a photo is copy/pasted, as in a lazy user trying to win a prize for the least effort, the more hashing applies to the photo. I’d like to retrace every user’s prior copy/paste to the page.

But nah, I’ll just empty their bank account instead now they pasted their bank password in the image. They don’t need money, really.

1 Like

So I’m a huge fan of Legos! One of the greatest presents I received was the Lego Death Star! Yes! The Death Star from Star Wars! I’m also a huge fan of Star Wars as well!
Image for reference:

It took a while to build but the end result was amazing! And that Birthday was something to remember!

Happy Anniversary Anker!

2 Likes

that brings back memories for me. my brother and I always wanted the lego death star and used to try to see how many characters we could find in the magazine adds for it

One of my favorite birthdays was while out hiking with my dad! It was the first day of our trek and we were camped at one my favorite spots. I was able to pack-in a birthday cake I had made for the whole crew!

Ha, there is a photo of a 3 year old Neanderthalean.

I will publish later.:wink:

are you trying to insinuate that I am not the original author of the story of Darth Plagueis the Wise?

because I’m not. but on my birthday my family and me pan a movie MST3K style. this is the meme we reference when it’s time to crack up laughing.

besides, qualifying for the drawing doesn’t require commenting with a story (yours or otherwise), only commenting. So a pirated puppy, a stolen soliloquy, even some digital detective work seem to be equally satisfactory. when it comes odwn to it, the point here is, #happybirthdayScommunity

shrug @MrBeauregarde seems like they are looking for birthday related stories… @professor is looking to keep all above board for those looking to participate… things seem to get silly when giveaways seem to be announced here… shrug

3 Likes

Not to knock this too hard, but this thread really is asking for a birthday story, it is pretty clearly spelled out in the introduction at the top. “Since it’s the community’s birthday, we thought it’d be a great time to hear some of your best birthday stories.” After it follows this up with another comment about how they are looking for something personal.

If I put out a story that really happened on my birthday and lost to someone that just posted anything at all I would be a little bummed out since I took the time to share something important in my life.

3 Likes