Robovac 11 sweeping brush

EDIT: I tried this motor and it didn’t work so please don’t order this one :slight_smile: I have now ordered the one that jo.thorns posted earlier in the thread. So hopefully that one will work!

OK Now I haven’t actually tried this motor but the gear on it looks very similar (from the photos at least!)

This one also looks promising

Those tiny gears can be removed from the axis as well, if not fitting
and be replaced by a fitting one.

But you need a special tool: small puller (dict says “puller” :wink:)
And before pulling you should heat up the gear.
Same when mounting the spare gear.

Why replace a motor that is working ? Leave it. Replace it when broken.

Hi George, any updates with the motor you ordered? i have the same issue!

What is everyones thoughts on this motor?

https://www.robotshop.com/en/neato-xv-wheel-motor.html#reviewBox

Havn’t read the whole thread, but if you are interested in my constructive critics about the current brushes iof the RoboVacs, read and see pictures here:

Im going to try this motor. AUTOTOOLHOME 6-12V Mini DC Motor High Torque Gear for Traxxas R/C and Power Wheels PCB DIY Electric Drill https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01M58POHF/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_lYX.Cb76BDQ4M

1 Like

Buy it, change it and don’t forget to tell us your experiences please.

Arrives tomorrow

If you do the dismantling you could write a short instruction. And you may add some photos please.

It worked perfectly.
Might be a little faster than the original.

Getting the gear on is easy, hold it with pliers, heat with torch for a few seconds, slide onto shaft. Cools and shrinks to a tight fit.

The only issue I had was the motor shaft was about 2mm long.

Had to drill out a little bit of the cover to make room.
Dont solder it backwards the motor is polarized, mine was running the brush backwards. Had to take it apart again and flip the circuit board around. The wires should look like this when wired correctly.

3 Likes

Super!
I like this kind of repairs so much.
Gives a lot of self confidence and contentment.

Great job, great photos.
Will be very helpful for us all.
Thank you again.

1 Like

So my repaired Eufy is now having trouble on my carpet. It keeps stopping with an error that the brush has stalled. How is it detecting this state, and what can be done about it? Any thoughts?

Huh!

What the h… could that be?

The only Idea I have instantaneously :
We have now 2 different motors, could this be the reason for this?
And is the middle brush really stalled when beeping?

How can we reproduce that error?
Idea: Lay the robot on the back and cover his eyes (bottom sensors) by taping,
And do testing.
Good luck and new experiences! :grin:

I think it my carpet, slows it down, then it sees over current and cuts power. Maybe my motor is slightly different

I’ve been running this setup for a bit now and it doesn’t work on my carpet. It sounds loud, like its working harder, and the brush actually stalls when the Eufy tries to turn. After three stalls it stops and beeps. It has no issues on my tile floor. I think the winding of my motor are slightly different. Not sure if there is anything I can mod short of trying a different motor.

1 Like

Great job.

Speculating here but it sounds like the robovac is receiving feedback from the motor that is slightly different then stalling as a precaution.

Not sure what can be done about this. At least it works on tile.

This is really a weird behaviour of the robot.
Works on tiles makes troubles on carpets. :roll_eyes:

What could that be?
If I were you, I would go for another motor of this type you already have installed and swap the other original one.

I know this sounds a little bit crazy but there is not much to lose.
and you have already the skills to do this quick,

hi, can anybody say me, what kind of motor is the right one? i mean, there is a lot of motors with different rpm’s… or can anybody send me a link where i can buy a smiliar motor?

You may do a search here at the forum or at Youtube.
I think you will find an answer to your questions.