Roav Dashcam A1 (bought in 2020)

Just bought my 2nd Dashcam A1 Linky for about 40 usd

I know this is 3 years old product but is still my fav dashcam. I had it from 2017 in my wife’s car and love it…It works great!!! I was itching to get one for my car too and with recent sale on amazon, I finally have one delivered to me like 30 min ago. Even though I have this for years, I still unboxed it with great excitement. Below are some of the unboxing pictures. Will update in a week or so about how its working.

Package Contents: Came in a nice paper box. Inside there is the webcam with both front lens and back lcd protected with protective covers :+1:
Below dashcam there is happy/not happy card and product manual. Below that there are accessories. Power adapter, microusb cable, suction cup mount and 3M adhesive mount and a trim removal tool. It don’t come with microsd card so you have to use your own. I use a 64 gb Sandisk ultra plus card.

Specs:
Screen: 2.4" LCD color TFT
Camera Sensor: Sony IMX 323
Camera Lens: wide- angle lens 145 degree
Chipset: NT96658
Power Input: 5V, 1A
Max Video resolution: 1080p, 30 fps (1920x1080)
Video clip format: MOV
Wifi: 2.4 GHz
Operating Temp range: -20C to 70 C / -4 F to 158 F
Weight: 87g / 3 oz
Size: 83.4 mm x 56 mm x 35.4 mm / 3.3" x 2.2" x 1.4"

Enjoy the unboxing pictures below…

So far all is good and I have no issues setting it up.
I know this is not the greatest in terms of features or hardware specs but I’m favoring this based on my 3+ years of experience with same model. It takes great videos during day and night. I live in NH and I love driving to white mountain area which is absolutely gorgeous during fall and winters and I have so many great videos of my drives that I love to achieve.
Please share your thoughts and experiences in comments below.

Sample Video Link (you get the idea about recording quality :wink:)

3 Likes

Great review and nice photos :ok_hand::ok_hand::ok_hand::clap:t3::clap:t3::clap:t3:

I had been looking at this and couple other cameras but really wasn’t sure about camera quality (build, reliability over time, and video quality). If you can give us some samples, it would be great. We have 2 cars and Atlanta drivers are absolutely horrible when it comes to driving so this would be great to have for our safety mostly.

Good review! This is one of those products you don’t think you need but when something goes you sure wish you had one

1 Like

Absolutely agree with you! :ok_hand:

A couple of years ago I had the roav c1 pro :wink:

1 Like

Great review @kumar.sachin
Loved the pics too.

Sample video (choose 1080p play)

Youtube’s processing seems to degrade the actual footage which is much better quality.

Looks good. If anyone likes the scenery, it’s here

1 Like