Review: Eufy Lumos Smart Bulb – White

Since smart bulbs first came I’ve wanted to get my hands on a bulb or two see how useful they are. Then a few weeks ago Eufy gave me that opportunity by sending me the Eufy Lumos Smart Bulb – White to review.

The bulb came in the traditional light bulb style box that most LED bulbs come in. However Eufy upped the game by adding images of the bulb and gave a few more specs than most bulb boxes have on them.

The bulb was nicely packed and free of damage. It came with a Happy/Sad card and an instruction card. If you have any issues contact support they will help you out. At the bottom of the Eufy sales page is an FAQ section and below is supports contact info.

After pulling the package out, I noticed that plastic white bulb was not properly installed. I was able to see the LED and circuit boards. Everything looked good (I forgot to take pictures) so I put the cover back on. Once it clicked home I couldn’t remove the lid. It may be removable but I was afraid I would break the top.

I found the light bulb to be heavier and longer than a standard LED light bulb. It still fits in the socket. Just keep in mind it might stick out of the fixture a little. Scroll down the page to see the bulb installed in a ceiling fan light fixture.

Everything works great, the schedule feature works and hasn’t missed turning on or off. Using the on/off works as well. Its a little slower than simply using the switch on the fixture. If you turn off the light fixture switch it will not be able to turn on/off via the scheduler. If you WIFI router goes down, you won’t be able to turn your smart bulb on/off and the scheduler won’t work.

If an issues comes up, I will update the review.

How We Use Eufy Lumos Smart Bulb – White

The Eufy Lumos Smart Bulb – White is a great option for most people. But I prefer Daylight colored bulbs and not the soft white bulb. For us, we are using this particular bulb in our night light. We set the bulb to come on at 10 pm and go off around 3 am. This way on the nights I have to work late I can get ready for bed without turning on lights and disturbing my wife. The bulb is set for 1% and its just enough light that I can see objects and shapes in the room but not enough light that it keeps the wife up. When I get to bed before 3 am I turn it off via the app.

See the complete review and instructions on how to install and configure the smart bulb on my personal site. - http://jamesjohnston.info/review-eufy-lumos-smart-bulb-white/

9 Likes

Next stop tunable or Color. I prefer Bright white as well but to each his own

1 Like

nice, thank you :+1:

1 Like

Excellent overview & pictures as always @Element321 :ok_hand:

1 Like

I got one in Powerdraw, programmed to be outdoor light turn on bright before dusk then dim all night then bright at dawn then off.

85% bright seems bright enough, 1% bright seems dim enough.

Worked fine so far.

1 Like

Nice review and photos :grinning: