Replacement ear pads for Soundcore Life Q20 headphones?

Hello,

I just got a pair of the Soundcore Q20 noise cancelling headphones. Literally got one use out of them before my Basset hound decided to eat the ear pads. Is there an official Anker replacement ear pad for purchase? Or a 3rd party solution? I would rather not have to buy new headphones since they are otherwise still functional.

Thanks,
Andrew

1 Like

There is not a replacement for EarPods through anker or soundcore as of now.
You would have to try a third party replacement.

You should get replacements from other companies
and give your dog some better food! :rofl::rofl::rofl:

2 Likes

very sadly to hear that…:joy:

I’ll jusy provide my experience. I bought these knowing ear pads go bad. I know that the price is cheap so most would just buy another set. However if I can replace ear pads in a year for $6 then I do that. What I learned is most beats are the same size. They use an adhesive. The ear pads also have holes to line up on their models. The q10 is basically little clips. I took a heavy guitar pick and slowly slid it just behind the ear muff. The clips eventually gave and it popped right off. (It clicks right back on). So what you can do if you want to keep your q10 is buy beats replacements; pop off the q10 ; the beats adhesive might go around the clips on the q10. If it doesn’t just cut the clips off and adhere the pad to the flat surface. You’ll just lose the clips going forward but if you always use adhesive it doesn’t matter.

If you don’t play guitar you can get a heavy guitar pick cheap. It was easy. Or find something comparable. It requires slight force but be smooth. Once you pop it off, what i said above will make more sense.

Edit: I just realized you said q20 but looking at photos they look similar.

Can you elaborate as to how you took the ear pads off? Couldn’t understand it over here

Is there a teardown video ?

I f there is really a need, why not,
But please no pliers, knives and scissors!

There is a teardown to see what it is like inside.

They look not intended to be replaced. Possibly stitch, glue. I’ve seen (somewhere) a photo someone basically just stuck a fresh layer of soft place over the existing.

Hey everyone! Just wanted to contribute by sharing my experience. I’ve had my Soundcore Q20 for about a year and half. They have been great headphones, but both ear pads started ripping a bit on the inside seam. I was very surprised when I learned Anker does not market the replacement pads to the public. The headphone are of great quality and should continue to last many years to come. I have no doubt that that pads ripped because I was being careless with them.

Anyway! I saw somewhere on a forum that if you reach out to Anker directly, they might be willing to sell replacement pads. Sure enough, I reached out and they offered to sell replacements from their warehouse. The transaction was handled through email and PayPal. I ordered two sets of replacement pads. I plan to keep these headphones for as long as possible. :slight_smile:

Good luck, everyone. Don’t throw away your good headphones just because the ear pads/covers are worn down. #SaveTheSeaTurtles

2 Likes

Very interesting news.
I was talking about at soundcore’s forum.
Because the pads are glued to a plastic bottom, the “normal replacement pads” can not be used.

Can I get a replacement if I am not from the United States?

Write an email to the support if there is such one available.

Hi guys,

I’ll share my experience with you, since I’ve taken the advice from here to contact Anker support.

I’ve bought 2 pairs of Soundcore Life Q20 last year in February (one as a gift) and I’ve been using one of them almost on a daily basis and a month ago the right ear pad ripped (the left is still perfect).
Well, so far, long live the electrical tape since I was able to patch it so it won’t totally rip.

I’ve contacted Anker support and they asked for proof of purchase. After that, they simply asked me to confirm the shipping address and they sent me a replacement set.
That was one of the best experiences I had regarding a product issue (ever) and pretty much the best in the last 4-5 years.

So, my advice, just contact them and they will help you.

Regarding the question about not being from US, I’m also not from US but I order from US using a New York address (there is a company specialized in transporting purchases from US to Romania).

Well, good luck and since I have (like) new headphones, I’ll probably skip Q30 generation and buy Q40 when they appear.

Best Regards,
Felician.

2 Likes

That’s Anker’s and/or soundcore’s support.
Great to hear!