Reintroducing PowerPort Atom PD 4 | Anker's Most Powerful Charger is Available Again!

Finally! The travel charger im looking for.
Bought!

1 Like

Never saw it the first time around. Looks great.

1 Like

Hello,

I understand there is no USB-C cable, but there is (I saw it on pictures) a wall to charger body cable.
What is its length.

As I don’t see it on Amazon-France yet I suppose it isn’t ready with a European compatible wall plug.
When will it be ?

Thanks

1 Like

I was just looking at this yesterday and bemoaning it wasn’t available anymore. Is there any timeline for a version of this with PowerIQ 2 and 3? A PowerPort Atom III x2 as it were with a figure-8 plug. I could probably do with just a PowerPort Atom III, but as I don’t live in the US the figure-8 plug is necessary.

1 Like

As of now - it shows available for shipping on Amazon US.

PowerIQ 2 and 3 versions, @AnkerOfficial @AnkerTechnical any timelines on these?

1 Like

Plenty of companies do 4 in 1 wall chargers, and I have one, it ain’t great, but that’s why it was less than 10¡

Not everyone has a desk to use desktop chargers, but we still need more than 2 charges… Surely one charger should mean one charger? Wouldn’t you say so @AnkerOfficial @AnkerTechnical

1 Like

@AnkerOfficial can you please take some time answering this question :blush::innocent:

2 Likes

Seconded… or perhaps @AnkerTechnical ?

1 Like

I suspect the specs are irrelevant, IT’S $99 just means simply won’t pay.

The specs appear to be not that brilliant. 100W in a single port is not something I need, possibly never will, I never got more than 45W per device.

1 Like

Is there any news about the availability of the PD 4? It’s been listed as unavailable for quite some time now. Is this another withdrawal of the product, or just a production shortage?

1 Like

Is this true??? Uses GaN (Gallium Nitride). Silicon replacement that can sustain higher voltages and less resistance. More efficient and less heat.

1 Like

Where do you see that?

guys its gone again

1 Like

up above - Post #18

1 Like

No, Atom PD 4 does not use GaN. However, upon original announcement, it was believed to due to the Atom branding.

Will Anker produce a GaN version of a 100W charger? I have the 60W Atom but it’s on my wish list.

2 Likes

I’ve a macBook Pro (15" 2017). The charger says 84 watts IIRC and my AC meter shows that it uses that much. I’d like to have a charger that can charge my iPhone or iPad and the macBook especially if it’s smaller which implies GaN, I guess. It would make my accessories pack smaller as I use the macBook at home and at work.

I thought that Anker or Amazon would send a notification when it was in stock but I didn’t receive one.

1 Like

Hi Insider: Is there a reason (engineering perhaps) that the Atom PD 4 is not based on GaN?

1 Like

This is a re-release of the Atom PD 4. I can’t remember exactly, but I think it may have initially been released before the GaN tech. I’d also love a smaller GaN version as the size of a passport is quite a brick.

1 Like

I would love to purchase this but it’s listed as “Currently unavailable.” on Amazon right now. This entire time I thought Anker didn’t make a USB-C charger above 60W, and I was wrong! I’d love to buy this charger, as I’ll be picking up a MacBook Pro 15" (mid-2019 model) this upcoming Black Friday. I need a minimum of 87W for this laptop!

1 Like