Reintroducing PowerPort Atom PD 4 | Anker's Most Powerful Charger is Available Again!

Anker’s most powerful charger has been rereleased… take another look at PowerPort Atom PD 4!

Features & details

• Super Power - Provides an enormous 100W of charging power - enough to charge 2 USB-C laptops and 2 smartphones at the same time. USB-C Output: 5V = 3A / 9V = 3A / 20V = 5A. USB-A Output 5V = 2.4A max per port.
  • High-Speed Charging - Save up to 1 hour of charging time with USB-C Power Delivery and Anker’s world-famous PowerIQ technology for USB-A.
  • Universal Compatibility - Optimized for flawless performance with USB-A and USB-C phones, tablets, laptops, and more, including the 15-inch MacBook Pro, 2018 MacBook Air, and 13-inch Dell XPS.
  • Intelligent Power Allocation - Provides up to 100W of charging power while one device is connected to a USB-C port, or distributes output to up to 4 connected devices.
  • What You Get - PowerPort Atom PD 4 wall charger, adhesive strip, welcome guide, our worry-free 18-month warranty, and friendly customer service.

Pricing and Availability: Anker’s PowerPort Atom PD 4 is available to order now from amazon.com for a cost of $99.99, and should begin shipping immediately.

What are your second thoughts on Anker’s most powerful charger? Be sure to let us know with a reply!

13 Likes

Why was it discontinued in the first place?

3 Likes

Finally! This is what I’ve been looking for. Black would be a great color option outside of just white.

2 Likes

Thanks for sharing @Insider

What’s the difference between the old and the new release?

1 Like

Yes, I need this now

2 Likes

You could have requested this single unit instead of 4 other items for 100 bucks :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Throw it on your list of free items, but it’ll be the only one :joy:

Edit: @Shenoy you’re Always beating me to posts by seconds :rage::joy:

1 Like

I had read some recall with the old product… have since stopped using it myself though I never had the issue myself with it.

Nah I need the other items cause I’m tired if my cables going missing. And I need another 5 port hub for the office/ streaming room. When we stream on twitch where always fighting for a charging port

1 Like

As others asked, what has changed?

No way would I pay $99 for it. It’s bulky and only 4 ports.

2 Likes

I agree. But the price is pretty steep.

1 Like

The Apple 87w wall wart is $79 and the extension cord is $19. I agree the pricing is a bit ridiculous (in both instances), but this is technically a better deal (more watts, more ports, less cost).

1 Like

Question, why doesn’t this include PowerIQ version 2 or 3?

1 Like

That’s a lot of power. One charger to to charge both my wife’s stuff and mine at the same while on a trip would be nice.

Adding it to the wish list :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I had requested Anker make a four port with two USB-C PD ports a couple of days ago in another post. Although it looks good, the price is expensive and it only comes in white (hate that color on tech). There are plenty of Android users here and they are feeling alienated with the limited color offerings.

What is the wattage for each Type C port?

1 Like

looks like 1 USB-C port is supposed to be able to provide the full 100w

1 Like

Question to @Insider @professor

What is the total power consumption from the Electricity source is I replace my existing PowerPort III (2port - use USB-C for laptop and USB-A for wireless charging pad) with PowerPort Atom PD 4…

this may be more of a generic question than specific to PD 4…

Hope I am not burning a hole in my pocket if I use only USB-C port for PD and 1 USB-A port for regular charging with PD 4

3 Likes

Copied this from Reddit:

Anker PowerPort Atom PD 4 details:

• Four port USB charger: USB-C x2, USB-A x2
  • Uses GaN (Gallium Nitride). Silicon replacement that can sustain higher voltages and less resistance. More efficient and less heat.
  • 100W USB-C PD: 5V/3A, 9V/3A, 15V/3A, 20V/5A
  • 100W is total max output of both USB-C ports. Plug in 1 device and it can get up to 100W (device permitting). Plug in 2 MacBook Pros and they’ll both get ~50W.
  • USB-A ports support 5V/2.4A each. No PowerIQ 2.0.
  • At CES Anker mentioned having an app available which would allow you to distribute power between the USB-C ports yourself.

No cables included. Remember you’ll need a USB-C cable that supports 5A in order to get more than a 60W draw from the charger. Most cables only support 3A.

And here’s a review from June, 2019 by Tech We Like

2 Likes

It’s a bit too pricey for me, literally $25 per port

1 Like

At $99.99 I’m gonna have to pass on this one. I think even at $60 I’d have to put a lot of thought into it before I take that plunge.

1 Like