Recommended Motion starting point for EufyCam and EufyCam2

Have had my 4 EufyCam cameras install for about 1 1/2 months, no issues (false alarms). Cameras were not changed from the settings when pulled out of the box in terms of motion sensitivity (86), firmware is up to date.

Purchased EufyCam2 system and an addon because things were working well. Again, not changed from the settings when pulled out of the box in terms of motion sensitivity (5), firmware is up to date.

The last 4 days have been windy and I am getting false alarms ALL DAY LONG, so much so that I just turn the cameras off. All I see in the videos are the bushes moving. I was under the impression that the PIR sensor required “heat”, so bushes should not be settings off the cameras.

I know I can turn it only human notifications but wouldn’t that just reduce the alarms, but the camera would still be going off (draining the battery)? My feeling is get the false alarms down to a minimum before setting notification to only human.

I also some times see cars in the background. My understanding is that the PIR distance is 30 feet, these cars range from 60 to 200 feet. Am I wrong in this understanding?

Any input is greatly welcome.

Today I had the same thing with a lot of wind and moving trees, I received these notifications via homekit. I disconnected HomeKit and restarted Homebase and problem was gone.

Just found this article Unlock the power of eufyCam 2/2c Motion Detection. Made some changes and we shall see what happens.

Thanks for the reply, I think I will give Homebase a restart. It has been up and running for a while.

Update

Yesterday I set the Eufycam2 cameras to level 4 and person only. Today I got a notice in the app that the camera went off 172 times yesterday and it ignored 170. WHAT… 172 times. Ya something must be wrong. Rebooted the base and decided to attempt using the motion test mode. It would ONLY go off if I was 8 feet away from the camera and off to one side or the other.

I think this experience is going to change how I feel about this camera system.