Really disappointed with my Roav S1

Tank was right, it appears to be bluetooth interference. Same issues started back up with it in the car today, I disabled my bluetooth and my BT connection to my car. Transfer sped right back up and maintained the connection.

Wow! I hope this gets fixed quickly! That is a deal breaker for me, having to deal with these kind of issues. I’m wondering if this is an isolated problem or do other people have the same issue?

1 Like

Only thing I can think of is that the 2.4ghz wifi that they are using, is very close to, or overlapping the frequency of 2.45ghz bluetooth connections. Bluetooth interference is well documented on 2.4ghz wifi connections so they should be able to fix this with a software update I would think. The device would be effectively useless for wifi purposes if they can’t fix it, because 99% of all modern vehicles allow for a bluetooth connection to phones.

@Spawne32 Sorry about the slow download speed, please upgrade the firmware to V1.7. It will fix this issue. With regard to the App crash issue, could you please let us know the exact model and system version of your phone, such as Nexus 6P, Android 7.1.1? Please email us @support@goroav.com, we will help you fix the issue as soon as possible.

Support sent me version 1.9 last night, so i am going to test it out today.

Let us know if it helps, if so I’m gonna need that file too

No luck whatsoever, in fact it actually crashes faster on this version with bluetooth enabled and being connected to my car.

I sent all the information over to support this morning, phone I am using is a LG Q7+ Model: LM-Q610TA and connected to the headunit on an 09 Audi A4.

Have you tried with Bluetooth disabled? Curious what Bluetooth chip they are using

Yes, there is no issue with bluetooth disabled at all. Unfortunately I didn’t buy this to keep having to disconnect from my car to use its wifi features. lol

2 Likes

Bro, I’m hoping this gets fixed! Seems like it is an isolated event just to you so I’m still hopeful all of the other dashcams are on par.

Doesn’t look like I’ll be getting any resolution to this, they claim that the problem cannot be replicated and to upgrade my app from version 4.0.7 to 4.0.6, go figure. I’m probably gonna send it back to amazon at this point.

@Spawne32 I would just send it back. You can always get credit and purchase a better ROAV one!

1 Like

Amazon is going to send me a free replacement and just return this one. We will see if that corrects the interference issues.

1 Like

I am sure it will as it was just probably and isolated event. Enjoy the new, well another dashcam!

Well, got the new one in today, and no luck, in fact this model is actually worse in terms of transfer speed using firmware 1.9.

Yikes! So no isolated event. Is anybody out there having the same issue? Could your connected device be the issue? have you tried a different device? Hmmmmmm… I really do hope this gets fixed as I am looking at getting me a dashcam.

Supposedly the engineering team is looking into whether its an android or phone issue, i sent them all the data regarding the phone I am using. I am curious if the hardware they are using for the wifi transmitter inside the device is not rated for use in north america and causing interference.

1 Like

Sounds like Anker is on top of it! Hope they figure out the bug that is causing this issue!

1 Like