QI loading with Iphone - finding out loading power

i got an " Upgraded Anker PowerWave" and an " Anker PowerPort+ 1 Quick Charge".
it should be possible to load my iphone with 7.5W
However, I’m feeling loading is slow.
Is there a way to either on loading Pad or in Iphone to see the loading power?
I would prefer an App solution and not measuring loading current by something

thank you

1 Like

You should be getting 60% efficiency from wireless so should be getting around 3 times slower than wired 18W USBC charger.

1 Like

thank you

however, i would prefer some app showing me the loading power rather than measuring. it must be somewhere deep in ios, just wodering if there is an app also displaying to user

That’s not possible because the process of measuring wakes up the chipset which makes it drain higher and invalidates anything. You’re asking for the phone to lie to you.

You can infer it by leaving the phone alone and every few minutes (say every 10 minutes) just looking at the phone and it’s current % full and make notes.

If everything is working as normal you should see wireless charging slower but also fast enough to be highly useful. Many who use wireless can get by only using wireless as it is so convenient you get enough time with phone on base. The use of a stand charger means you can use the phone and see it most often, so two wireless chargers, a flat pad and a stand, combined is often all you need.

1 Like

I’m only aware of a Mac app named “Coconut Battery” that will show you how many watts with which your iPhone is currently charging. It might be a little tricky as you need to plug in a Lightning cable to the iPhone and connect it to your Mac in order to get the data to your Mac. In this case, I believe the wired charging will overtake the wireless charging, so you might not get an accurate answer, unfortunately.

thank you for your replies and your patience

I’m not interested in the loading current, but in the QI loading mode. (5 or 7.5W) So i think there should be no difference if the screen is on or not.

CoconutBattery sounds close of what I’m searching for. I agree, that wired connection most likely will switch to wired loading. i consider buying ther plus version for 10€, which gives information without wired connection, but will read little bit more if it is worth spending money

I agree, if the mobile is placed through the day on it, it doesn’t make a big difference. if it is taken (for call, for meetings in other rooms …) several time, it makes a difference if 5W or 7.5W

Screen on or off does affect the power input as thermal throttling lowers power input when the phone is in use.

If you have a charged phone and place on a stand you can use it while being charged. Yes there probably will be times the phone discharges while on a pad but then the load drops and recharge resume.

We have a similar issue with wired charging as even if you have a USB meter, there’s multiple steps before power gets to the battery.

mostlikely, i just made it to simple in my thoughts

i would have expected iphone and pad are negotiating 5 / 7.5W and hoping it is readable somewhere

thank you again