Productivity Hack with the Powerline III USB to Lightning Cable

I was lucky enough to test out the Powerline III USB to Lightning cable over the past couple of weeks and found that it fit perfectly into my regular desk setup. I telework once a week, and only have one monitor to work with, so I like to utilize my iPad as a secondary display when I can. There are loads of apps that you can use to accomplish this, so I won’t get into specifics, but a Lightning cable is required to make the whole thing work. This is where the Anker Powerline III really shines. It’s a durable, flexible lightning cable that is the perfect thickness–see the image below for a comparison between an OEM Apple cable, a Nomad cable, and the Powerline III. As you can see, the Anker cord is the happy medium between the chunky Nomad cord and the flimsy Apple cable. Check out the reinforced connections!

Powerline%20III%201
Suffice it to say, the Powerline III cord will be sticking with me for a good while. It’s currently plugged into my home computer, ready to pop into my iPad when I need some extra screen real estate.

Always a pleasure, Anker!

4 Likes

No joke, my mind is blown. I didn’t know you could do this :joy:

That’s awesome. Another reason to buy their cables

Interesting use of that lightning cable.

Great review @apsavarese

Great review @apsavarese! Are you using something like Duet Display?

That’s exactly what I use!

1 Like

Class :muscle:t2: :clap:t2: