Product Suggestion: Power from a water bottle

Today I went out and played an augmented reality game while walking through a large street fair. I had three things with me: my phone, my water bottle, and my Anker PowerCore+ 20100. I frequently have this combination of items with me, and I generally find it annoying to carry a battery in my pocket, even if it’s a smaller one.

While standing around discussing the fact that we had all run out of water from our respective water bottles, someone thought I had plugged my USB charging cable into my water bottle. We thought it was amusing, but then realized that it would be pretty awesome if I had the ability to do just that.

I’ve come up with several ideas for ways to make the battery + water bottle experience better:

1. A water bottle that had a battery built into its cap. Unfortunately this would require me to like the specific water bottle, which I’m somewhat picky about.
  2. A water bottle mouth insert or lid that has a battery, for instance an alternative Nalgene lid that’s a battery. That way I can use it with whatever custom water bottle I have, as long as it’s the right model.
  3. A cozy that fits around the water bottle and would let me insert an existing external battery and join the two for easy carrying. This would work well if I had a battery that was of the right size and shape that it wouldn’t tip the water bottle over.
  4. A battery embedded in a stretchable ring that could fit around whatever water bottle I wanted to use.

I like ideas 3 and 4 the best because they let me pick and choose both the water bottle and battery variety that I like, though I feel like 4 might make for a generally nicer experience given that most of existing batteries are not in shapes that would fit well around a cylindrical object.

What do people think?

1 Like

You’re welcome… :grin: They even added a bluetooth speaker to one up your idea. :joy:

https://www.amazon.com/HYDRA-Hydra-Smart-Bottle/dp/B017BWD42K

2 Likes

Wow, really? LOL… I don’t know if I want my electronic anywhere near water while charging. With my luck, I would accidentally break the water bottle while I’m charging my phone or other electronics, and damage it. But pretty cool that something like that exist. Who would have thought?

1 Like

I never have a water bottle with me…maybe because I am a camel and store my water in my hump.

Now, how I can type on a smartphone screen with my camel toes is cause for pondering…:thinking:

2 Likes

:joy: Omg that was hilarious lol

Not going to touch that one :smirk:

Hi @Paul_Quimby, welcome to the community, thanks for sharing this cool idea in the forum, maybe I should deliver this conception to our product department.:sunglasses:

mmmmm Water and electricity do not go well enough … I think a battery case is the best solutionAnker battery cases

Unless Anker invents a bottle with a buzz inside that thanks to the movement of water generates energy … ops … I hope that now they not stealing my idea !!! :joy:

Bye,
David

1 Like

Could be like swiss army knife type, with speaker, gps logger, and battery.

Cows cant produce electricity, only milk. :sweat_smile:

They can too!!! :stuck_out_tongue: If they are wearing some solar panels on their backs. :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue: Can you imagine that? It’s an iCow charging service for your electronics. LOL.

And apparently they have lips to blow bubbles with their bubble gum too. Who would have known :joy:

:laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing:

Hahahaha :joy::joy::joy: