Product Question

I have a google Pixel C. It has a single USB-C port.

I bought a 1TB external HD that I can connect to the USB-C port. However, the Pixel is then providing power to the drive which drains the tablet’s battery faster when I’m using it.

Does Anker have a product that can split the USB C port so I can externally power (either by battery of AC) the tablet & HD while the HD is also plugged in to the tablet?

I want to watch movies on long flights. I can provide power but not at the same time the HD (with the movies) is plugged into the tablet

Does Anker have a product like this? If not has anyone seen anything like this? The this challenge physics with the power coming into the tablet and going out to the HD through the same cable (even if it’s split)?

Thanks,
Frank.

Not sure… If not, an SD card wouldn’t be a bad idea as an alternative route.

I own Pixel C and I own the Anker dongle which has Ethernet and USB sockets.

What I do is connect the dongle and the drive, copy off the file like a movie, I get good transfer times so it’s only needed connected a few minutes. Then unplug dongle and plug in a Powercore in my case it depends on the flight length either the 10000 or the dual 2A 2.4A output 26800.

My Pixel C is 64GB, and HAD video is about 1GB/hour so easily able to store many hours of videos on internal storage.

I then either carry a 12ft mains extension cord and the Powerport4, or I carry the Powerport5 USBC. The Pixel C own charger doesn’t feed more than 2.6A and the Powerport5 USBC gives out 2.6A, the Powerport4 gives out 2.2A so about 30% different recharge.