PowerWave Stand Review

I received the PowerWave Stand through Anker’s We Love Testing program. I have been using it daily for the last 2 weeks and have loved it. This is my first wireless charger, so I will be comparing it to the standard Apple charger throughout the review. I had it set up on my nightstand to charge my phone at night. The angle of the stand was nice so I could see notifications on it with easy. Overall, I noticed it was slightly slower than a wired charge, but I expected that. One other nice feature is it works on any phone that can be charged wirelessly.

Pros:
-Works every time! Never once did I place it on the stand and it not immediately start charging. I played around with how far off centered it can be, and you have to be pretty far off for it not to charge.
-Super convenient! Trying to find a cord at night and plugging it in is so difficult, but that is not the case with the stand. Just drop it on and call it good.
-I enjoyed the stand over a pad. To me the stand idea makes more sense than a pad. The pad puts the phone in an orientation like it would be on a wired charger, whereas the stand angles the phone nicely so you can still use it somewhat when itis charging.

Cons:
-Feels a little cheap. The plastic doesn’t feel the best of quality, but for $12.99 I cannot complain too much.
-The uncentered port is odd. Having the port on one side made it a little inconvenient to plug it in for certain positions.
-It doesn’t come with a wall adapter. I understand for the price that is asking for a bit much but having a wall adapter provided would be nice.

Overall:
I would not hesitate one bit to buy the PowerWave Stand for my wireless charger. I used to think I didn’t need a wireless charger, but the convenience of it is so worth it!

1 Like

Hi @ajfertig42
I have that same stand.
The off centred input is odd isn’t it.
Does your phone show you if its “fast charging”?
I have regular instances where my phone doesn’t go into fast charge mode, i have to remove and replace.

Good review and good price