PowerPort Cube Charging Issues and Timeouts

Hi all! I’ve been having some issues with the PowerPort Cube I keep under my couch.

First issue: The charger I have plugged into one of the AC outlets sometimes isn’t carrying any power, but it seems unpredictable and I haven’t yet noticed a pattern. I usually only notice it when I’m trying to charge my phone (Pixel 3). The charger is a high-powered one that should easily provide rapid charging, but during these problems it will either provide only a trickle or nothing at all.

The second issue is the button on the USB ports. It seems to time out and turn off the power to the ports ALL the time. I haven’t been able to find information on how long it should wait before timing out or if it should be doing that at all. If it’s an in-built function, that’s fine, but I’m curious if other people have been having this issue and how to bypass the timeout if possible.

Thanks in advance for any help. Please let me know if I’m stupidly missing something or if there are ways to fix the issues I’m experiencing.

Hi, this is Anker Customer Support.

We are really sorry to hear that the PowerPort Cube does not work properly for you. In this case, it may automatically power off due to the overprotection feature. To resume normal operation, please try to use a pen tip to reset the device (see the attachment).

If the issue persists, please contact us via email address: support@anker.com with your order number. We will try our best to make things right for you

Apologize again and thanks for your time. cube%202