PowerLine+ USB-C to USB 3.0 cable

After many months of Android Auto working without too many problems in my Mercedes CL250 (the only issue being, I needed to disconnect and reconnect the cable each time I plugged-in before driving. It finally stopped working completely around 3 months ago. I had been using the USB Cable originally supplied with my Samsung Note. I tried several replacement USB cables I believed were decent i.e. £20.00+, none of which rectified the problem. I spoke with Mercedes who said they would check the in-car display for a starting price of £130, although they didn’t instill me with confidence with their knowledge of the Android Auto App. I had basically given up on the App until I replaced my Samsung Note with a Surface Duo. The Surface Duo was supplied with a USB-C to USB-C cable so I tried using the USB-C to USB-A cables of old. No joy! After reading articles/posts on android central and autoevolution I bought the Anker PowerLine+ USB-C to USB 3.0 Model A8168, directly from the Anker website @ £7.99 + P&P. I ordered the cable yesterday evening, it was delivered this afternoon by Amazon Prime (amazing as the P&P was charged @ only £5.00). I plugged in to the car and Android Auto started immediately without the need to disconnect and reconnect as per my early experience. Thank you Anker! In case anyone is wondering about my new Surface Duo, love it too!

Glad to know an affordable Anker cable helped you :+1: