Powerline+ II cable stress tests

Have you guys seen this youtube video? If you’ve ever wondered how durable the Powerline+ II cables are, here you go. I definitely need some of these. :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Cool. Not seen that one before but I’ve seen some videos (or maybe it was a photo) of someone suspending themselves / swinging using an Anker cable to prove it’s durability…

1 Like

I’ve never tried to stress test my PowerLine+ II. I’m actually afraid it will break, even if I know that this thing can easily support my weight !

1 Like

Nice little video review!

I have toyed with getting some, but they wont rapid charge my phone so I have been holding off. My parrot loves chewing cables too, she is always going after them so once PowerLine+II USB C PD comes out for a reasonable price I will probably replace all my house cables :smiley:

Haha crazy Russian :grin:

1 Like

Yes, love watching crazy russian. I remember when he first started and was watching his videos. It’s borderline insane to test the cables like he did but rest assured they work as advertised. Now, @AnkerOfficial can you please make micro usb and usb-C cables like this?

The problem is rarely the cable but the ends where are the connectors.

I think Anker is over-engineering the cable in the middle and just making bigger heavier cables needlessly, the problem was usually the connector and attention there to strength is a good design focus.

I’m also afraid to test it but after watching that video I tried to rip it apart with my hands and I was not successful at breaking it

This, it’s always the ends that are the weak points. Take micro usb cable, the pins always loosen over time preventing a constant charge or loose connection.