PowerIQ 3 chargers and Google Pixel 3a with Android 11

I have several Anker PowerIQ 3 chargers, both dual auto/cigar plug, and dual wall-warts… they’ve always worked great with all my USB C devices…

the other day I accepted the update to Android 11 on my Pixel 3A phone, and now I can’t use the Anker chargers at all, the phone does all sorts of wierd stuff (complains about incompatible audio devices, maybe it charges for a few seconds, but it stops charging, maybe it does nothing). The phone charges SLOWLY using a ordinary USB A 2.1amp charger, but thats it.

Now of course, google is taking the stance that only their own charger is supported, but thats AWFUL.
for me, I need to charge on the road, I need dual port chargers because I also carry a USB C tablet, etc etc.

Anker, if you could look into this and maybe figure out whats going on with a Pixel on Android 11, that would be awesome.

1 Like

I have the PowerIQ 3.0 charger and Google Pixel 3a on Android 11… Will give it a try… Have not charged Pixel since upgrade.

Have you reached out to Anker Support support@anker.com mentioning this issue?

Hey @jhn.pierce
I have the same issue with the Galaxy S20 Plus.
They require a PPS compatible charger, so I can’t fast charge with my existing chargers without using a different cable and adaptor 🤦🏼

PPS ? Huh. I know about PD.

Sigh. IThe PowerIQ chargers work great on Android 10

1 Like

I guess they must have worked in something.
Samsung say its to protect the battery or some other excuse!
It’ll be interesting to see how @Shenoy gets on with his tests for you.

ok, I have the PowerDrive III Duo in my car and RV, and I have the dual 120VAC version of the same IQ3 thing in my office. using decent quality “CableMatters” brand USB C-C cables,neither of these chargers will work.

never had a problem before Android 11.

upon more testing, i found another ‘2.1 amp’ USB A charger that, with a Amazon Basics A-C cable, seems to charge it medium, just not ‘rapid’. 10 watt vs 18 watt. another supposed "C’ fast charger that used to work would only do ‘charging slowly’ on the status…

@jhn.pierce

Confirmed - Anker PowerPort III Nano fast charges Google Pixel 3a on Android 11, without any issues!!

Please see the video - i used Google Pixel 3a on Android 11, Anker PowerPort III Nano and Anker USB-C to USB-C cable (from Anker Powercore 20000 Essential kit)

@jhn.pierce I would suggest you change the USB-C cable and give it a try

Also reach out to Anker Support support@anker.com

If this post helped you in any way, please mark this post / my post as “Resolved” :blush:

Well, oddly enough, 2 days later, all my chargers started to work with the existing cables I’ve been using all along. I had already tried using a canned air duster to blow out the USB port on my Pixel 3a, and the end of the USB C cables I was using without any change. My Android version shows the same as yours.

2 Likes

Glad your charger and Cable work well for charging on Pixel 3a :+1: