PowerExpand Elite Thunderbolt 3 Hub -- Update Firmware on Mac?

Hello,

I just got a PowerExpand Elite 13 from Amazon.

I’d like to make sure I have the latest firmware. However, I don’t have access to a Windows computer. I’m using a Mac, with Windows 10 running via Parallels.

Parallels cannot pass the Thunderbolt port through to Windows, so Windows cannot see the dock.

I can’t seem to find a Mac version of the firmware update tool.

Am I missing something, or is there not a way to update the firmware without access to a Windows machine?

1 Like

Hello,

Please note the firmware on Anker PowerExpand Elite 13 dock is the most updated one. Normally, there is no need to update the firmware for this dock.

As for your concern about the firmware update on Mac, we are sorry to say we do not have the firmware update version for Mac. But, if there is a need to do the firmware update, you can connect the dock with a Windows computer/laptop and complete the firmware update. After the firmware update is done, you can unplug the dock from Windows computer/laptop and connect the dock with your Mac.

Thanks for the info. :slight_smile: I’m glad to know I have the latest firmware.

I don’t own a Windows machine right now, but am likely to pick up a laptop by the end of the year. I’d not planned on getting one with Thunderbolt.

Can I connect the Thunderbolt dock to a Windows PC via USB-C and, if necessary, update the firmware that way?

I have this same issue. I purchased my Anker PowerExpand Elite 13 dock in June, shortly after it came out. There is an issue where I cannot use the wired internet connection with my Mac. I found a firmware update dated 4 Oct that I downloaded, but cannot use because it is a Windows executable file. No Mac solution was offered. The firmware update has since disappeared on the website.

It is ridiculous to market a product to Mac owners and then only provide a Windows solution for product updates. Simply unacceptable.

2 Likes