PowerExpand Direct 7-in-2 USB-C PD Media Hub Review

Hello all. I’m an IT professional with over 20+ years experience in the field. I am always looking for new products that maximize functionality while simplifying my computer environment.

Here’s my review on the Anker PowerExpand Direct 7-in-2 USB-C PD Media Hub:

The Nitty Gritty

Upon unboxing the media hub, the device design is very sleek and well made. The external surface looks and feels just like the MacBook Pro exterior and is a great match. It’s plug-and-play and easy to use. No need to worry about drivers. I connected my external monitor, external hard drive, USB C to Ethernet dongle and power cable. All devices worked properly. Data transfer rate from my external hard drive was not affected. SD and MicroSD cards slide in and out easily.

Overall

This is a solid product. I have used multiple Anker products in the past with great success, and this product did not disappoint. I would recommend this product to anyone that is trying to simplify their life by being able to connect multiple types of external devices to their laptop simultaneously.

Gripes

• Couldn’t be used with my MacBook Pro protective case. The thickness of the case would not let the device plug in properly into my laptop.

• Device is slightly thicker than my MacBook Pro. When connected to my laptop on a flat surface, the device is slightly pushed up.

I hope you found my device helpful. Stay tuned for more reviews to come. #UseAnkerInstead

10 Likes

Great pictures, something I wish it has is one of those low profile RJ45 ports.

1 Like

nice review and pics! :ok_hand:

1 Like

good review and pictures :+1:

1 Like

Very good review & pictures @Gabe_Chiong thanks for sharing!

1 Like

Great review, 7-in-2 hub looks neat!

had a question… does the hub actually sit / touch the desk similar to mac or is there a gap?

1 Like

It does touch the desk. Because it is thicker than the computer itself, it actually gets pushed up when sitting on a flat surface.

Thanks for reading and your feedback!

Agreed! I would have loved to get rid of my USB-C to RJ45 dongle.

1 Like

Great review and pictures :ok_hand:

1 Like

Terrific review and photos. Congrats on a job well done. :clap:t2:

1 Like

Good job on the review :+1:

1 Like

Awesome review. I had the same issue of it not fitting with the case on it, but its still a great hub!

1 Like

Nice review and pics!

That seems troublesome… Do you think it will make the USB-C prongs get loose with time due to this pressure?

2 Likes

In my opinion, anything that puts stress/pressure on your computer ports cant be good over a long period of time… This is not to say that your computer ports will absolutely be damaged, but I try to avoid this type of situation.

1 Like

Awesome review!! :clap:t4: