PowerExpand 8-in-1 USB-C to USB-C monitor

I recently got this with the idea of connecting my Windows 10 laptops (Dell XPS and MS Book 2; one for work one for home use) to my monitor via USB-C, because in that way I need to change only 1 connection when I swap a laptop for the other.
Something like this: hub connected to the laptop USB-C port -> hub with mouse, keyboard, SD cards -> hub USB-C port via USB-C cable to monitor.
However, this doesn’t work. There’s no image and the laptop doesn’t even see that there’s an external monitor connected (this happens with or without external power to the hub)
The external monitor works perfectly with this same USB-C cable connected directly to the laptop.

Is this supposed to be supported?

We are sorry about the problem you have with Anker PowerExpand 8-in-1 USB C hub. Please confirm if you mean the following one?

Please note the two C ports on this hub does not support video output. There is only one port: the HDMI port that supports video output. Please use the HDMI port on the hub for video output.

The C PD port on the hub only supports input charging while the other C data port on the hub only supports data transfer.

Please let us know if you have further questions.

Correct, it is that one.
Is there any other Anker hub that does support video through USB-C ?