Powerdraw - we now know our chances - about 1:250 needs nearly 4 years to win

Not so fast. You mustā€™ve missed the fine print. Sometimes there arenā€™t any winners.

2 Likes

I know, the competition ended 12.00am but itā€™s been like that the 8 hours since. I guess a manual paste edit by a human? So they not yet fully automation?

1 Like

Looks fine to me

:innocent:

6 Likes

what a coincidence that you actually ended up winning that item!

photoshop me my name for every item next week as well.

2 Likes

Hahahahahaā€¦so funny!:joy:

1 Like

OMG, you win what you want!! What a coincidence that you actually ended up winning that item!:joy:

2 Likes

Here is how the chances have changed from the 1st week to now, assuming you can afford to enter with the maximum number of entries possible and did so:

Week 1:
Air Vent Car Mount: 6.97%
PowerCore 5000: 3.797%
PowerCore+ 10050: 2%

Latest Week:
Bolder LC40 LED Flashlight: 16.85%
SoundBuds Lite Bluetooth Headphones: 13%
PowerDrive 2 Elite with Micro USB: 81%

I think the steady increase in chances from week to week is coming to an end. The probabilities will likely stick around what they are now.

Now that we know you canā€™t win two of the same products in one week, perhaps it is wise to bid only one entry, though then, you probably wonā€™t win anything.

but you are better putting 1 bid on each of the 3 prize than 3 bids on 1 prize. Just you end up with more of what you donā€™t want.

I think they should make it truly random.

I see you won a car charger but I did not bid as I won a car charger before and its in its box still waiting for someone I encounter to want one.

1 Like

Debating whether I should enter for SoundBuds Slim+ this weekā€¦

Well your not exactly short of bucks :smile: They look like a good gift option or for spare set, at only 88 entries so farā€¦go for it :laughing:

@joshuad11 I was debating this too, but seeing as I got the soundbuds surge I think Iā€™ll pass for now. Iā€™d much rather someone else win and benefit from them rather than me just wanting to use these when my other ones die

1 Like

Iā€™m not a mathematician or a statistician, but this being a draw - assuming an honest and random draw - wouldnā€™t the chances be [your entrier] divided by [total of entries] each time?

Itā€™s not like every time you play the lottery you get one step closer to winning, right?

No you should not. No one should, theyā€™re terrible anyway :innocent:

I think you want the iphone cases, lovely lovely iphone cases.

4 Likes

Almost, and more true with a lot of bids or where you make one entry only, the issue is that not all entries are equal if you bid more than 1 entry. After you won one prize you are not considered for your other entries for the other prizes, it is one prize per person.

Really? I thought it was you couldnā€™t win the same prize twice.

Thatā€™s what I said

Then you will miss out on a lot of good headphones.:laughing:

2 Likes

I really want the soundbuds life, or the magnetic oneā€¦I forgot what itā€™s called

There are a few Anker products which really transform life. Making technology just work and work reliably.

Of these I would put the Soundbuds Life, the buds Slim / Slim+ (*) and the smaller Powercore (6700, 10000) as up there.

The Life, I got one for free and then 3 more for free and gave the other 3 to family as the comfort and battery life is just sublime. The Slim / Slim+ is when moving. A Powercore 6700 or 10000 stands out also.

The Life are magnetic, the Slim / Slim+ are magnetic but neither use magnets as control. The ones which use magnets for control areā€¦ not sure if made now still would be ā€¦ possibly the Tag as it looks like the IE buds I had a year or so ago, the downside of those ā€œtagā€ type is the buds are huge and fall out the ear. If given that choice of magnets big enough to control or smaller to make a necklace, Iā€™d do the latter now owning both approaches.

Once I got the Slim, parked here as good enough. Only downside is the 7hr life so if Iā€™m flying across the planet the battery life fail (answer = own 2 and swap and recharge the other)

Daily use for me is Life for home then move Slim+ for everything else.

(*) Slim vs Slim+ to me they are identical.

Over ear headphones coming soon, too, right?!