Powerdraw - we now know our chances - about 1:250 needs nearly 4 years to win

The Powerdraw results in

https://community.anker.com/power_draw/prize/b-powercore-b-5000

From 790 bids there are 3 winners so that’s about 1:250 chance.

Given it takes 200 bucks to maximally bid then that means to get to certainty of winning you need 52667 bucks.

On earning bucks you have 5x5+2*5+5=40 bucks maximum/day so that means you need to be in the forum on average 1317 days, or 3 years and 7 months to win.

Or put it another way at 40 bucks/day maximum, a 200 buck bid takes a minimum of 5 days of maximumally engaged community engagement and after those 5 days minimum you get a 1:250 chance.

Video capture of something more probable:

So what means as a strategy:

• wait a few weeks where the easy early joining bucks all get spent
  • quantity of bidders goes down
  • ole’ timers have lots of bucks earned over a long time then are proportionately luckier.
9 Likes

Just because you get heads 10 times in a row doesn’t mean you have any greater chance of getting tails the next time.

To get to certainty of winning you need to be the only person.

You’re correct, perhaps to say to make your chances much higher is better English.

1 Like

I strongly agree with your points of strategy though.

Wow, your strategy is great. you really thought that out. Good job @nigelhealy!

Great strategy :+1:t2::+1:t2:

Great! Now that we all know the strategy…we’ll all wait awhile then lessen our chances. LOL.

2 Likes

Haha, the winners for PowerDraw will be randomly chosen.:joy:

1 Like

I only have enough Bucks to basically bid twice.

3 Likes

hopefully the amount of bidders will go down in a few months.

3 Likes

As I suspected… from a strategy perspective but I now see I made an error. The math is to divide by entries and ignore that Anker said.

If I look at the 1st week:

https://community.anker.com/power_draw/prize/b-powercore-b-10050

That was a 3:1415 chance, or 1:472 chance per entry. An older member who had enough bucks could then have 10/3/1415 = 2.12% chance roughly.

Now looking at this week as there are very few members with lots of bucks, so fewer can bid, the odds increase.

So this is now say 10/276x3 = 11% chance of winning, an increased chance of roughly 5x in just a week.

I expect chances can only improve so it becomes asymptotic to regular participating members getting equal chances, which is I think is Anker’s intention.

1 Like

Great time to be alive. Hope does exist.

Chances are much better this week for car charger and cable.

Yep I see for the car charger there are 66 entries. So for 10 x 20 bucks = 200 bucks you current chances are 10:77x3 = 30:77 or 1:2.57 currently.

I think patience is best here. Bucks are hard to come by without effort and fewer will put in the effort so the chances increase over time. This is week 3 and already the entries are dropping.

2 Likes

I think you’re right too.
Didn’t enter any this week.

this is great news, i need more of these great news.

1 Like

Not so fast. You must’ve missed the fine print. Sometimes there aren’t any winners.

2 Likes

I know, the competition ended 12.00am but it’s been like that the 8 hours since. I guess a manual paste edit by a human? So they not yet fully automation?

1 Like

Looks fine to me

:innocent:

6 Likes

what a coincidence that you actually ended up winning that item!

photoshop me my name for every item next week as well.

2 Likes