PowerCore 10400 LEDs stay lit

I notice that when I pressed “the button” to see the status that the LEDs then always stay lit when charging a device. Doesn’t it seem like pushing the button again should turn the status LEDs off? Is there way to “undo” it from always showing the LED status? I unplug the phone and they turn off but then when I start charging again they resume lighting up. Seems like I pushed the button and forever changed the way it behaves? Is my button stuck perhaps? I tried double and triple clicking with no luck. I noticed I can keep the button held down for 10 seconds and the device will turn off and stop charing but then plug something in after unplugging and the lights come right back on.

1 Like

It’s designed this way to show the battery status. Cannot be turned off while it’s operational.

1 Like

As @doris4jin mentioned it’s designed this way to let you know it’s being charged. Once the lights start blinking it means the batterypack needs to be charged. So rest assured your device is functioning as it should

Thanks for the responses. So maybe I’m missing something here but I thought the whole reason for the button was to check the status of the battery. As if by default the lights wouldn’t come on with charging. Perhaps I’m interpreting the user manual incorrectly? Perhaps the button is only check status when nothing is plugged in and charging and I’ve just never noticed the LEDs being on when I’ve charged devices before? I could have sworn I was charing and the LEDs were off and then came on after I pushed the button to check the status.

1 Like

The button is to check the charge when no device is attached, because as we mentioned it remains lit when a device is attached to let you know it’s charging

3 Likes

Thanks @doris4jin and @elmo41683 for the help!
They are correct:

• When not charging other devices:
    the button will show you how much power is remaining in the power bank (so you know if you need to charge it before a trip, for example).
  • When charging:
    the LEDs will always be on because the power bank is “on” anyways to charge your device and the LEDs themselves use a negligible amount of power.

@middleanchor, it’s possible the LEDs were off when you connected your device, but in that case, your device was likely not charging. Pressing the power button will “wake up” the power bank, turn on the LEDs and start the charging process. I hope this helps!

2 Likes

Battery level indicator. Why do you want to turn it off?

A few lights on a battery level indicator would still drain the battery. Yes, it is a very small amount, but over time it would add up. You wouldn’t want the lights lit while it is just sitting around, only when you are charging or checking the level. As far as pressing the button once for on and again for off, that would need an on/off circuit which is more expensive in the build and probably more wasteful in design.

1 Like

I think you are correct; I’m thinking it wasn’t charging when I looked at it. Perhaps the connector had come loose on the phone. Thanks for setting me straight, everyone!