Powercore 10000 suddenly stops during charging the cell phone

I have purchased a PowerCore 10000 A1266 yesterday. When I’m charging my Galaxy J5, the charging stops in a random time before the phone is actually 100% charged.
I didn’t expect such an issue with a newly purchased device especially from Anker!
What could be the problem and what should I do?

Could you use a different cable and see if it still happens?

Ok, but just to mention: I am using the original Anker cable and this didn’t happen in the first full charging of the phone.

Hi @dagixur,
Does it occur when you’re phone is almost done (for example, at 90% or higher)? It could be that your phone draws so little power that the power bank “thinks” it is done charging.
Feel free to reach out to support@anker.com with your order number and they’ll be happy to help you further if the PowerCore is defective.

2 Likes

Thank you for the hints.
Once it happened at about 77% charge and the next time was at 92%.
Is this something that I should expect a repair for or it could be considered normal?

Yeah. I’ve had Anker supplies cables fail on me before but I’ve got a few here so I just swap them to make sure it’s not the device that’s broken.

Anker supplied cables are usually good but I find the supplied cables aren’t as good as the cables they sale. I have a shorty cable that came with one of my devices and its already failing. But my regular cables are almost 2 years and still look and act like new ones.

I would try other cables and then reach out to support with what you have tried already. This will speed up the troubleshooting process for them.

Definitely try a different cable. Do you also have a different powerbank you can try? Maybe borrow a friend’s? Also, how old is your J5? I used to have an Oppo which developed a problem with “battery memory” - it simply refused to charge to 100% - but that shouldn’t happen with a newer phone. You could try a battery calibration app, there are dozens on the Play Store.

Thank you all for giving suggestions
Today I fully charged my cell phone with the same Anker cable and the problem (the charging being stopped before 100%) didn’t happen again.
This time, the difference was that, unlike the other time, I was occasionally using my cell phone during charging.
I will keep posting any new/helpful finding/observations about this issue here.
@tonicboy : My J5 is the first release (I guess 2015) of J5 series.

1 Like

Hi @dagixur,

Thank you for bringing this issue to our attention via the community. And thanks for all the helpful replies from the rest.

We regret to see you were having problems with the PowerCore Speed 10000mAh battery to charge your Galaxy J5 and have the issue being fixed now. It is correct that use another charging cable to charge your phone and see if the problem repeats. Rest assured that we at Anker always take the full responsibility for the function of our products according to the 18-month warranty.

You are always welcome to contact us via support@anker.com in case you need any further assistance in the future.