POLL: Galaxy Z Flip vs. Motorola Razr: Spec comparison

The foldable smart phone must get inspiration from girl’s makeup mirror…:joy:

4 Likes

Does have selfie camera :clown_face:

I am liking the 8.4 inch table more than before as i read your theory @professor you seriously got a point there and I have to admit :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

If I were to replay all my decisions again I’d separate network from device and go with a MiFi+SD and WiFi devices, in the long term that would have lowered total cost.

I’m still learning.

But with what I own, I just periodically move my unlimited data SIM between devices to suit the trip, which this time of year is usually 8.4" tablet, but come summer heat can be just a LTE smartwatch.

I like the idea too… Only issue is carrying the MiFi with you, and it’s battery life. May be we can charge it with a slim powercore.
The reviews are not positive here

I have the Verizon Jetpack MiFi 6620L… this is pretty good on charge, been using it for last 3 years and still going good.

1 Like

Thanks, a make up mirror will be all I see now when I see a Z-Flip :joy:

So this next view is carrier-specific, country-specific so this is not a universal truth, but in my experience is common and likely true for many, accepting not for all.

The cost of data per line goes down by how much data you buy in phone lines. To illustrate, here in UK is a network, but does not represent a recommendation/endorsement.

So if you plot it by cost-per-GB and normalise, so it becomes a relative, not absolute:

As a chart

So the unit cost of data lowers if you aggregate your data needs, adding a line is lower cost if its a low data line.

So having multiple devices sharing data is lower total cost. That seems true both wired and wireless.

So having each phone/tablet on a low-data line, and they share a MiFi is the lowest total overall cost.

Nice use of charts to show the cost of data :ok_hand:

1 Like

I don’t advocate those on a budget to get these 1st or 2nd generation folding phones because you’re paying a premium for something probably which will not be reliable and will probably the next couple of generations will be substantially better. For example, the screen will be damaged quickly.

But I can see ultimately these folding ideas will become popular because it either makes today’s 6" phones smaller in pocket (e.g. ladies would prefer for smaller handbags), or allows a tablet to fit in smaller place.

This review gives hints as to the feedback real world usage will cause, the larger external display on the Razr will get to the next Flip.

I can see them the external display being simply an extension of the internal display and a Z shaped folded phone with two hinges.

That will probably be gated by the new Graphene or solid state batteries required to increase energy density to compensate for the space lost due to the hinge.

When you open the make up mirror, you will see your selfie too.Lol

Awesome comparison… plus the quality will be great all the time, no need to edit / modify the selfie pic :rofl: