Polarized sunglasses compatible with glass screen protectors

I have an iPhone 7 and just got a popular brand of glass screen protector for it. This new screen protector is incompatible with my sunglasses and makes the screen of the iPhone 7 appear rainbow colored, and it physically makes me sick. How do the Anker/Karapax glass screen protectors do with polarized sunglasses? Do they make the screen appear rainbow colored?

3 Likes

I have seen this before and it’s usually the manufacturer fault as one side is polarized and not the other. So if your seeing a rainbow effect the placed the glue on the wrong side.

5 Likes

That’s interesting. I’ve had that happen also. I always thought it was the sunglasses.

2 Likes

I work at Michael’s and the same with the framing glass, one side and polarized and not the other

1 Like

Lol well it is the sunglasses too. Your LCD tv will go dark if you have them on and tilt your head sideways, but who watches TV with sunglasses.

this guy

Hi @pauljohns,

Thanks for letting us know your concern.

We have confirmed with our Product Manager. Please be assured that the screen protector itself will not have the rainbow effect. You could try to use your phone without wearing the sunglasses, to confirm the issue.

If you have any further questions, please feel free to contact us via support@anker.com

Have a nice day!

Thank you! I will have to try out your screen protectors then! I’ll be placing an order for one soon and hopefully that will take care of my problem.

1 Like

I was looking for a thread about sunglasses and found only this old post, so sorry for bringing it up… I wanted to ask you guys, which sunglasses are the best at the moment. I mean the shape of sunglasses. I heard that: “This year’s sunglass trends favor strong geometric frames and vibrant colored sunglasses inspired by styles of the late ’90s. But have no fear if you dig the vintage-inspired looks; you’ll still find your classics. Just be prepared for nice twists and touches that will make you stand out, while still keeping it low key.” Is it true? Where can I find them? On layoners.com?