Older firmware for Anker SoundCore 2

So about a month ago I found out there was new firmware for the Anker SoundCore 2. At the time I didn’t have any issues with my speaker, but because I like updates regretfully upgraded. The firmware I updated to is A3105_SoundCore_2_V047-20180712.fw.zip, and appears to be the latest one. After doing this update I started getting horrible lag in my speaker. When I first start listening/watching something there’s no noticeable delay. After a minute or so the delay kicks in, and remains in effect until I restart the speaker; which will again start to lag after several minutes. I also noticed that when charging the speaker, it no longer turns the red led white when it’s finished; it just turns it off. Is this the correct functionality with the new firmware? I tried reflashing the current firmware several times, thinking maybe there was a bad flash, but it hasn’t helped. Are there downloads available for the older SoundCore 2 firmware?

Perhaps try a hard reset of the speaker, it should have done this post firmware update but it may help…you could also drop support@anker.com an email with the issue to see if they can offer any suggestions or a revised firmware update…

how do I hard reset the speaker? I’ve found different results on this site, and not sure if I actually did it.

Contacted Anker Support. They replied and provided the older/stock firmware. After update all lag is gone. Speaker works perfect. I should mention I’m on a Linux machine; although I doubt this issue OS related.

Hi there,
Could you please provide me the firmware version 047 for Soundcore 2, if you still have it? I updated my speaker to the newest version 053 and have experienced numerous issues. The buttons are behaving bizarrely and it disconnects after a few minutes or seconds of connectivity. I contacted Anker Support and they provided me with v039 to which the device has a different issue (the volume down button behaves like it’s being pressed constantly, and decreases the volume down to a zero). They couldn’t provide v047 and their reason was v047 is cancelled. I’d be grateful if anyone could provide me the firmware as I still believe the issue I have with my device is a firmware compatibility issue.
Thanks.