No notifications from eufy doorbell

If you have delays or no reaction at all try to reboot the bell and let it connect again to the Wifi. This helps sometime if the bell is asynced.

Did you try logging out and then logging back in?

Bought the 2k doorbell camera with Homebase 2 today, only getting notifications if the app is open, zero notifications otherwise. Tried every solution but nothing works. Returning it tomorrow and getting a Ring camera.

Did you try a fresh set up? Maybe you missed a step or setting

Yes, I spent 7 hours trying everything multiple times yesterday. Dug out an old iPhone and it works fine on there, so it seems like an app issue on selected devices.

I managed to solve my issue by isolating it as a DNS issue. Live stream works but notifications or alerts. Either set to google dns or set back to native router dns config. My understanding is that they hardcorded the home base to use only google dns servers. If it fails to resolves that the either base station goes offline. Having an encrypted dns or pi-hole will offline the entire thing too. Anker needs to solve this.

1 Like

I just setup encrypted dns on my pfsense going to cloudflar (1.1.1.1) and the events quit working. Like geaboxsg said above, they prob have the dns hard coded. That is pretty weak. I suspect they use google to track the number of live doorbells in service or some such. In short dns is a weapon/tool against users. You should all have dns encrypt on and going to a neutral dns provider. I will be ditching the Eufy items and search for another doorbell, camera provider.

No notifications has been annoying me for over a year. I reset everything. All my notification settings are on. Finally found on the home screen on the actual still shot photo of your device there are 3 dots on the bottom right hand corner. touch them and it brings up a snooze option and a settings gear. Press the settings gear and another menu of settings pops up with yet another notifications setting. It was off but I have no idea how. Anyway turned it on and all is well again !