[New Release] Wireless Video Doorbell

Seems you have similar delivery friends than I have. :rofl:
The old beloved “Herpes”

But DHL is perfect too. :wink:

Send a parcel, but never went out of the DHL-center.
But now came back “could not be delivered”.
BUT IT CAME back.
Normally it would have disappeared in the Nirwana.

I think it should given the ‘and charge it consistently’ phrase in this:

Also given the wider voltage requirements (down to 8v which suits my current wired chime transformer) I’ll be ‘pressing the button’ as soon as it appears :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I thought wireless would be my best option too, until I saw that when wired to an existing transformer it will ring the existing home chime - I like that:)

What particularly intrigues me, and I haven’t seen an answer yet, is that the new battery version ships with a Homebase 2 ( says so in the app help section which was updated recently to include this model).

So what does this mean for those of us with an existing Homebase 2 in their system? Is the included base superfluous? Or will it prove a useful extension working in tandem with the other Homebase 2 to help resolve the issues some are having with limited range between cameras and the base?

2 Likes

I like that, can you set it up with two users?
Also will it warn about battery getting low?
With my needs it would probably last the 6 months or more and I would forget about the :battery: so automatic warning on low power would be good

2 Likes

I’m so delighted this has been released - can’t wait to get my hands on one!

I was not sure about chime function with this device, but see in the comparison table posted above that the Homebase can be configured for chime - I will also be using together with Alexa Dots & Show as well as phones, so excited to see how they all play together .

Thanks for getting this product out, Eufy!

1 Like

Eufy releasing another great product

2 Likes

Hi,

I have two questions:

1. Will this wireless doorbell be available in German Amazon?
  2. Will you add HomeKit support?
1 Like

Usually it takes always a while for models new introduced to show up here at amazon.de.
Some do never.
So some patience is necessary. :wink:

1 Like

Nice but pricing is similar to Ring?

2 Likes

Is the Homebase here the Homebase 2? If that’s the case, does that mean I could add some Eufycam 2/2C to it, and does that mean there’ll be Homekit support?

2 Likes

Yes Yes and Yes to your questions

1 Like

Storing the video on the Homebase and being able to use an existing home chime are both great additions. Can you confirm that it will ring on an Amazon Echo? if so, will this functionality only be available on the Wireless Eufy or will it also be available on the older Wired Eufy?

1 Like

This is a much better option than Ring

2 Likes

That is certainly my expectation and have been waiting anxiously for its release

Such a tease that it appeared only briefly on Amazon, on day of that announcement in the opening post, for pre-purchase for shipment on Jan 31st - and went back the following day to see that offer was no longer available :frowning:
I’m hopeful that means it WILL actually be released - and available - tomorrow (1/31/20) :slight_smile:

1 Like

Sounds like you are ready to buy it :+1:

1 Like

Absolutely! :smile: (been ready for couple of months now - I even returned my RIng and willing to go without while waiting, even before knowing when the release might be!)
I’m being factitious about the ‘tease’ - been willing to wait several months already and what’s another day (and in reality if it does actual get released tomorrow on Amazon, with Prime I am just as likely to receive the unit on the same day as if had ordered via the pre-order) I’ve been refreshing the Amazon link repeatedly about every hour so I can order at the very moment it becomes available for order again LOL :joy:

I have a thread I started outlining the issues with the Ring2 and their lack of acknowledgement of them - I am encouraged, not only by the Eufy capabilities, but the responsiveness I’ve already seen here in the forums to customer questions/issues and willingness to address them.

From thread on Ring 2 forum, the specific issue I am looking to address (compatibility with Samsung phones) already is proven on the Eufy wired product (via a referral posted there) and my expectation is that the wireless version will be same in that regard PLUS better video quality, local storage in the Homebase (no subscription) and easy integration to Eufy security cameras.

3 Likes

Awesome, hope it gets released soon!! Best of luck

1 Like

I would like to test that as,well. I am glad they came up with a wireless version as well.

This is the way forward for sure.
Will this be the one I get as my Christmas prize I wonder? :grin:

Thinking ahead, I don’t have an existing doorbell chime. What chime would I need to get to make this work?

1 Like

It says it will make a chime sound at the supplied Homebase 2 - guess we’ll have a similar choice to those currently on the wired doorbell chime?

1 Like