[New Release] SpaceView S

eufy Security has just released its second baby monitor… Take a look at SpaceView S!

Features & details

• See Up To 87% More: The large 5" 720p display shows a sharp picture with 10 times more detail than ordinary 240p-display baby monitors
  • Wide-Angle Lens Included: No need to purchase another lens. When your baby starts to crawl or run around, just attach the extra lens to expand the view to 110°
  • Sleep Soundly: Choose from 5 popular lullabies to help put your little one to bed
  • Whole-Room Coverage: Pan the lens 330° to see corner-to-corner and tilt 110° to see floor to ceiling
  • Real-time Broadcast plus Instant Alerts: Stay within the 460ft coverage area to get live video feeds, and receive instant alerts the moment when your baby starts crying

Pricing and Availability: eufy Security’s SpaceView S is available to order now via Amazon for a cost of $199.99 (was $189.99), and should begin shipping immediately. However, stock is very limited at the moment.

What are your thoughts on eufy Security’s latest baby monitor? Be sure to let us know with a reply!

For those wondering, the add-on camera will be released within one to two months per EufyHome via Amazon.

7 Likes

Personally don’t like baby monitors. Other brands make low-priced security cameras that work great as baby monitors, and you can view them from your smartphone. You don’t even have to be on the same WiFi, so if you have a babysitter or something…

2 Likes

I need a comparison chart for all of these overlapping products :skull:

2 Likes

Another model. I need to research the differences.

My brother almost purchased the first version for their new born but decided that since it cant be connected to Wifi they went with another brand that can be used switched over to be used on the internet.

Other than that issue it looks nice. We dont have children yet but this would be great camera to put in the window near the front door or a window that faces our drive.

1 Like

Will the new model be backwards compatible with the old one? Specifically will I be able to use a new camera with the old parent unit?

1 Like

I tried using an Arlo Q for a baby monitor because I could view it anywhere. It was great in theory, but after using it for a couple of weeks, it would lag out non stop. I found out that when we had it running on a Amazon fire or an iPad air 2 it would continuously try to pull down the stream at all times (like a normal baby monitor does). Then we started to see a lag in time when they would cry. Crying would happen, I could hear it from their rooms, and then the monitor would kick in 7 seconds later. Then it would buffer out. Especially when we would use it remotely when my wife or I was at work and my in laws were watching them. Pulling multiple streams caused it to be even worse to the point that I had to cycle it non stop to get it back to working. Figured it may have been my internet, but it is fiber and was pulling 800mbps+ for down and 900+ for up. Arlo let me know after I was finally at my wits end that it is only designed to be used as a single stream when it alerts or for short periods. Super happy that I was past my return date for it, so now we use and infant optics monitor. Not too bad, just small screen and has a tendency to have a lot of white glare from their sheets.

I know several people who use the wyze cams. They are working great for them. I have used them as a baby monitor for friends (don’t have kids myself lol), and they work well.

The fiber internet looks sweet! They don’t have it where I live yet…

1 Like

wish we had this when we had our 2 but yeah there is upside and downside to owning one…you might be watching them all night instead of really resting

2 Likes

I don’t know how I lived without it to be honest. I have a Nest, 3 Nest protects, Arlo pro 2’s, TV’s, speakers, smart switches, 2 phones, etc, hell even my range is connected to the internet, so there is more than what could be handled by a regular cable connection.

Ironically my boss has 3 of the Wyze cams setup at his house on top of his regular cameras (ring and what not) so he can watch his two 3d printers throughout the day lol.

Looks like no real differences.

Lullaby mode could likely just be a firmware update for the current model.

Crib mount would be compatible with the old model.

Crazy that they don’t just include these with the old model and provide a firmware update for the lullaby mode instead of rolling to a more expensive S model. Even crazier that they’re still 1-2 months away from shipping add-on cameras that have been included in the user manual and software since September 2018.

1 Like

Anker has been doing this a lot lately. They’re remarketing old products :pensive:

1 Like

SpaceView S looks nice! The lullabies integrated into the product is sure to lure more new parents into it.

@rupinjohar may be this is the one you may be interested in :slight_smile:

Thanks @joshuad11 for sharing!

2 Likes

it looks exactly as the first version, need to know what is new :thinking:

1 Like

Thanks @joshuad11 for another release announcement! :clap::clap:

1 Like

I’m not really sure what has changed, so that’s why I didn’t comment on anything. Perhaps @AnkerOfficial or @AnkerTechnical could clarify for us.

1 Like

@bryan.sanders @Element321 On the Amazon listing they said the hardware was upgraded, no specifics. Nothing in the specs look different or show any technical improvement over the original. Kind of a bummer if it is improved and they ship that before they even make the original feature complete.

2 Likes

I see no mention of the hardware being “upgraded”. They do say in the product description “new and improved” but that could literally mean anything. We improved our packaging, we improved our mounting hardware, etc. Mostly just sounds like marketing lingo.

1 Like

I should clarify that I asked a question in the Q&A section of the page (most of the questions there already are about the add-on camera) whether there was any real difference between the S and old model and they said 'yes, the hardware is upgraded" with no mention of specifics. You’re correct that the listing says nothing about upgraded hardware, just the added lullaby an crib mount features (their other answers mention this.)

Worth noting, one response about the add-on camera on May 27 said it’d be available in 1-2 months. Another response on May 29 says within a month.

1 Like

@mpnine Yep I see that now. Thanks.

I also asked them about backwards compatibility. Here is the response.

“Yes, the new camera is compatible with the old one. Please update the firmware of the old camera and monitor to the same version as your new one. Please feel free to contact eufy support and we will be glad to help you update the firmware.”

2 Likes

I like your review.
But I will never place such things like Alexa in my home.
Ok, this is not Alexa. But I do not know the interface(s) but the hackers know …
So I will also not place this thing in my home

1 Like