[New Release] Prizm II

Nebula is nearly ready to release their highest definition projector yet… Take a look!

Key Features

• A Full HD Big-Screen Experience: 1080p native resolution supported. 200 ANSI lm brightness. Place in virtually any room to enjoy your favorite shows or movies with a 40"-120" picture.
  • Vibrant Stereo Sound: Dual built-in 5W speakers provide balanced audio through the top-plate speaker grilles.
  • Keystone Correction: Automatic horizontal and vertical (±40°) adjustment ensures a clear picture from any distance or at any angle.
  • Multiple Input Sources: Connect via HDMI or USB to mirror your iOS devices, use a TV box, or play content from a laptop.
  • What You Get: Nebula Prizm II, power adapter & cable, remote control, user manual, worry-free 12-month warranty, and our friendly customer service.

Pricing and Availability: Nebula’s Prizm II is available to order right now via Amazon US for a cost of $299.99, and should begin shipping immediately. This is over double the price of the original Prizm.

What are your thoughts on Nebula’s latest projector? Is this something you have been waiting for? Be sure to let us know what you’re thinking down below!

PS - For those of you wondering, yes, this is the same as Prizm Pro I reported on earlier. Nebula just seems to have decided to change the name prior to release.

7 Likes

I think I like the cloth top? Going to have to see real life pictures before finalizing that opinion.

1 Like

Love the black mate look with cloth top. It will fit into almost any home decor

1 Like

Love the black look. Really wonder how anker is releasing so many products and variants so soon. Factory is running round the clock :smile:

1 Like

I think it should be available in more countries… :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

3 Likes

Thanks for sharing, love people that take the time to do this!

2 Likes

Full HD is a welcome addition to the Nebula lineup…though it seems weird why they are keeping with such low lumens, especially when you take the normal prices into consideration…

Plus one on that, alongside a number of other products in the Anker catalogue… :laughing:

3 Likes

I’m definitely becoming a fan of cloth on gadgets!

3 Likes

So, there’s at least two people in two other countries that would buy more Anker stuff if it was available in their countries. I guess that’s all they needed to hear, we’ll be flooded by the full catalog anytime now… :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

3 Likes

Thanks for sharing! :blush:

3 Likes

UPDATE[quote=“joshuad11, post:1, topic:63187”]
Pricing and Availability: Nebula’s Prizm II is available to order right now via Amazon US for a cost of $299.99, and should begin shipping immediately. This is over double the price of the original Prizm.
[/quote]https://amazon.com/dp/B07GKJH76J

Not really what I’ve been waiting for, but I do install and maintain projectors for a living, and 200 lumens is pretty weak. Useful enough in a dark room, but severely washed out with any lights on, and probably not useful during the day in a room with windows.

1 Like

Yeah that’s spendy for a low-power projector. Here’s one for $299 with 3,200 lumens from Epson, a leader in the projector game:

https://www.staples.com/Epson-VS250-SVGA-3LCD-Projector-White/product_2759028?cid=PS:GooglePLAs:2759028&ci_src=17588969&ci_sku=2759028&KPID=2759028&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIv9rw8PO13gIVCY1pCh0HwQGNEAQYASABEgKctvD_BwE&akamai-feo=off

*UPDATE: While I was looking at that projector, a Staples sales rep popped up and told me he would be happy to help me find a shredder…

What does he know that I don’t? :joy:

2 Likes

Was looking at similar model, Epson EH-TW490 HD, when they released the price on the Capsule II…

Searching for a projector and they want to sell you a shredder :joy:

1 Like

Considered responding “Yes - how did you know?!?! I need to shred thousands of documents by 4 am. And it needs to be quiet - real quiet, so no one else in the office hears. Also, can I return it after I’m done?”

3 Likes

How do you convert ANSI lumens to “lumens”

200ANSI=400 lumens?500?1000???

I wish all manufacturers would switch to the ANSI lumen rating.

From what I have read it’s a much more honest and accurate assessment of the lumen output.

CNET lists the rating on this one as ANSI:

But Epson manufacturer page lists it as IDMS 15.4 (probably more correct than CNET, even though the general consensus is these two standards are pretty comparable).

The problem is that there are many variable affecting illuminance that aren’t exactly the same as measuring brightness. Unfortunately it’s more than the average consumer should need to know to make an informed purchase, and the only way to really know is put them side by side. Due to variations in projection tech (DLP vs 3LCD for instance), it’s nearly impossible to develop a single standard across the whole industry.

Here’s a good PCMag explainer on the topics of lumens and brightness:

And another one reviewing some tests at InfoComm

In practice, I have found the 3LCD projectors to be amazing when it comes to color and crisp even in a bright room, but I still stick in the neighborhood of 2,000+ IDMS 15.4 lumens. Considerably brighter than what the prism offers however you measure it.

2 Likes

Thanks for the info. I have some homework to do later :slightly_smiling_face: