[New Release] PowerWave II Pad is Now Available!

Is there a 15w car charger/holder in the works?

1 Like

Maybe @AnkerOfficial can help

1 Like

There was a 5W one announced a couple of years ago that has yet to be released…

Lol what? Better not hold our breath with it comes to announced items

1 Like

Yeahhh. So many products just never seem to make it.

2 Likes

Anker should really pick and choose on Core products they plan to release instead of putting all options out there and then not releasing them… may be keep it a secret till the time they decide go/ no-go.

1 Like

I think they might need to revamp their marketing/PR teams.

2 Likes

I’m in the UK and want one of these.
Anyone know when they will hit the UK?

1 Like

Are you already aware that there is a 10W one available?

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/anker-roav-smartcharge-10w-qi-certified-wireless-charging-pad-for-iphone-android-black/6361331.p?skuId=6361331

I’m curious… what makes you want one of these over the other offerings?

1 Like

Hey @Insider
This can charge my Galaxy s20 plus wirelessly at 15w.
The older/current models charge at 10w.
I do wish the input was USBC, i understand this is a round (none USB) input?
Personally would also prefer a stand version.

1 Like

Yes, PowerWave II has a DC input.

There is PowerWave 15 Pad, but I understand that you would prefer a stand.

I do not have any information on when PowerWave II may arrive in the UK; there is always the chance that it will never become available.

1 Like

If they did USB input then you’d have one product you can sell in any country as you moved the plug shape problem to the wall charger.

2 Likes

DC input, that’s right @Insider I could think of the correct term when typing the above :man_facepalming:t2:
I hope it does turn up here, and may buy the current one to see me through.

1 Like

Exactly @professor
Universal item from a global company is surely the way to stay.

1 Like

Agree, but you will pay more money for such a product. A USB-PD port input, USB-PD port output and a USB-PD cable capable of 12V is going to cost more in parts and licensing than what Anker has designed.

For example in UK, a PD port at least 24W is looking about £23 entry.

Cable is say £7

Chances are that supplied charger is less cost and the cost of the 12V barrel input on the Pad is less cost combined than the per-port cost+cable of a more universal system.

So while it is a good idea, if they implemented it, we’d be saying “expensive”

When a pad is nearer to 5W-7.5W, you can use a USB-A to MicroB charger, cable, port, those costs are lower, but then we’d be saying “really? MicroB again…”

So at 15W output they could make the price about the same if it were the pad alone, and you supplied the cable and charger, but then you’d also get the odd person who didn’t read the small print and give a 1 star Amazon review saying it’s not obvious. Yes, people do that, blame the seller for their own lack of reading.

Anker has designed a reliable lowest cost pad with 15W output with all you need - just supply a wall socket. It has the downsides you cannot repurpose a PD port. So there’s pros/cons.

1 Like

Surely they could include a cable for the same price.

They’d have to make a USB-PD port input to the Pad as well as cable if they bundled the cable.

We discussed this before, PD has its cost impact, so we tend to pair it with other benefits. In case of say earbuds you unplug/replug more often than this static Pad, you can argue convenience of USBC reversibility.

I can see this from both sides. I’d rather they give us the option, but then we’d complain instead of too many confusing choices.

2 Likes

Yeah, definitely done want a range offering both inputs.
Of course there would be a price difference.
In manufacturing costs on Ankers scale the difference to them would be pence per unit.
And as for leads, i certainly have enough of those kicking around (Debs would say too many)

Personally, if that translated to another £1 or more likely 50-60% more than the manufacturing increase, i don’t think thats enough difference for the fan base and casual buyer to look elsewhere - famous last words any why I’m not in marketing :upside_down_face:

1 Like

I expect the cost of the USB-PD port input on the pad is probably small incremental. But the cost of the cable and per-port cost of charger is around £30 currently. As the Pad is probably going to retail in the £20 region,you’re talking doubling the cost to the consumer if they made it a USB-PD.

If you’re advocating they bundle at cost the charger+cable, then you’d get people buying the Pad bundle to just get the charger subsidised. Anker does bundle chargers with the higher end Powercore PD, I suspect as it’s hard to be assured of interoperability than letting the consumer pick their own charger.

So I suggest they give the option and we roll eyes at cost complaints, you’d see “the PD version without charger costs more as the non-PD with charger”.

I suggest that a static item, like the pad designed to be put in a static place (desk, bedside, etc) has little benefit of a USB-PD port. The cost of USB-PD is for more frequent plug in/out scenarios.

1 Like