[New Release] PowerExtend USB-C 3 Capsule | Anker's First Power Strip with PowerIQ 3.0 is Now Available!

Originally announced last October as PowerPort Strip PD 3 Capsule, Anker has finally released its first power strip with PowerIQ 3.0… Take a look at PowerExtend USB-C 3 Capsule!

Features & details

• The Anker Advantage: Join the 55 million+ powered by our leading technology.
  • Charge at High Speed: A 45W USB-C port supports high-speed charging for a wide variety of phones, tablets, and more. Fully charge a 12″ MacBook in just 2 hours or charge an iPhone 11 almost 2 times faster than with an original charger.
  • Clutter-Free Charging: With three AC outlets on one side, and two 15W USB-A ports and a 45W PowerIQ 3.0 USB-C port on the other, you can direct power cords towards the back of your desk while having simple, clutter-free access to the front-facing USB ports.
  • Superior Safety: Equipped with a wide range of safety features including surge protection, overload protection, a fire-resistant casing, and more to keep you and your devices completely safe.
  • What You Get: PowerExtend USB-C 3 Capsule power strip with 5 ft cable, welcome guide, worry-free 18-month warranty, lifetime $50,000 connected equipment warranty, and friendly customer service. For this connected equipment warranty, “lifetime” is defined as the lifetime of the product.

This is also Anker’s first product with a connected equipment warranty!

Pricing and Availability: Anker’s PowerExtend USB-C 3 Capsule is available to order now from amazon.com for $69.99 and should begin shipping on May 10.

What are your thoughts on Anker’s first power strip with PowerIQ 3.0? Be sure to let us know with a reply!

6 Likes

I definitely like the aesthetic design, but why 2 USB-A ports, and only 1 USB-C port? I would expect 3 USB-C ports, and (maybe) 1 USB-A port for good measure, but even then, who uses USB-A?

4 Likes

As I’ve said several times, Anker already offers numerous products with USB-A ports for those who still use them…

1 Like

Rambling, thinking out loud reply. So forgive me.

I think for at least a year they do need to keep a legacy Type-A port, largely for their own products like their MicroB earbuds, flashlights, etc.

But the ratio is wrong now for new products in 2020. Rarely would you have just 1 USB-C port need now, if you owned a Type-C device, changes are you own another, or soon will.

This would be better matching if it were two Type-C and one Type-A.

Now here is an interesting puzzle for you. Who would both benefit from a 45W USB-C port and need AC ports? What device do they have, which is not the 45W laptop which still needs AC? Typically the last device still wanting AC is a laptop, so when that goes to USB-C then you don’t need AC ports at all? I could understand the Type-A ports + AC ports, as you had a non-PD laptop charger and some Type A devices, but walk me through the person who has a Type-C laptop and also needs AC?

So would a person who has a 45W need, would they buy this? Would such a person just buy a corded desk charger instead? Is there a market for this?

So these exist already:

So you can already make exactly the port count and type by connecting one or two Anker wall chargers to an extension cord, or if you need just 1 45W port then a desk charger with cord.

What do you get better/different?

2 Likes

I have an anker power strip with AC ports, 1 USB-C and 2 USB-A. I keep the strip on my desk. I plug a lamp into the AC, and I also plug in a vacuum cleaner when I use it, as well as other various things that I might be using.

I agree with having a USB-A port on a lot of things, for backwards compatibility. It just needs to have mostly USB-C in my eyes

3 Likes

2019 was the year to have two Type-A and one Type-C.
2020 is the year to have two Type-C and one Type-A.

So you’re use case is a bedside presenting some C A and AC ports.

4 Likes

Nice new product, like the way it sits, shape and size, well suited for office / home work desk for laptops :+1:

I don’t like the name much… “capsule” … with Nebula “capsule” as a conflicting. Brands should have the product names specific to category…

1 Like

Nice concept to cover all varieties of power needs. I do agree that they keep USB-A for few more days, as I still use several USB-A charged devices.

2 Likes

NO EU outlet! :-1:

2 Likes

Like a few have said already this should have more USBC. I would even go as far to say “loaded”
It looks very nice, much better than the ones we use in our boardroom at work.

1 Like

Does that fit for UK?
Not for DE and those plugs on the continent.

1 Like

Fun fact!

USA houses are bigger so further from wall sockets so need these more!

If that sounds wonderful, the average American now needs it.

So Franz, console yourself with the poor fat American having to walk all the way to the distant power socket when the German just reaches over and plugs in.

There’s a reason for everything!

IF you look at UK, the phrase is “cannot swing a cat round here”. They’re called “Barrett Houses”.

So the USA needs these more. Probably you’ll also find more USA want 10ft USB-C cables for a similar underlying reason.

2 Likes

No @Chiquinho, those are US sockets only (i believe)
Not for the UK market. I would love Anker to release these and the PowerStrip products in the UK.

1 Like

Haha, that is so right re can’t swing a cat :rofl:

Our house has about 220 sqm. But that’s no normal indeed for Germany.
And for München ist really a big one (small Barret house?)
I would say a normal row house is about ± 100 sqm here in the city.

Ours has 2 separate flats and an apartment. (this is under the roof and its my “hideaway” :rofl: )

All of us have their own separate rooms, we got guest rooms and I got a special office!
Too big now, but was fine when the kids were here.
But in our age we will not move anymore and why should we.
The place is perfect.
Absolutely quiet, (a park in front) , but only 5 mins to walk to the sub.

1 Like

I don’t now how many square meters of floor space we have, never worked it out.
In the UK I don’t think many people are bothered with size in that respect apart from when selling commercial office space - £ per square foot.

Our house is comfortable enough for the three of us and a couple of guests.
The only thing I would like to add is a conservatory, Debs is not bothered. She says old people sit in conservatories, I remind her we are old, we are on our mid 40’s.

Our mortgage is cheap and nearly paid off so we won’t move. When the mortgage is paid I will have more money for gadgets and more stuff I don’t need.

2 Likes

We have no! :rofl:
But Debs is right!
May be we are not old enough to get one installed.
But with those constructions there are often problems.
Same with flat roofs

leaking -> UK -> lot of rain -> more leaking -> more workwith repairs- > more cost!
And dont forget in the winter you need heating to relax there

The size is very important when selling or buying.
Often the size in the construction plans are wrong.
This causes trials!

2 Likes

Definition of old: older than you.

1 Like

Definition of old : older than you both without the age added!

2 Likes

Over here people tend to go by bedroom quantity.
Obviously a viewing is then required.
I would like to open out our kitchen and extend into a conservatory, I am itching to make a start but the boss says no :disappointed_relieved:

1 Like