[New Release] PowerCore Essential 20000 PD

Anker has just released another portable charger without PowerIQ 3.0… Take a look at PowerCore Essential 20000 PD!

Features & details

• The Anker Advantage: Join the 30 million+ powered by our leading technology.
  • Ultra-High Capacity: The massive 20,000mAh capacity provides more than 5 and a half charges for iPhone XS, more than 4 full charges for Samsung Galaxy S10, and over 2 and a half charges for iPad mini 5.
  • High-Speed Charging: Deliver an 18W high-speed charge to phones, tablets, and more via the USB-C Power Delivery port or the Qualcomm Quick Charge-enabled USB port.
  • Certified Safe: Anker’s MultiProtect safety system ensures complete protection for you and your devices.
  • What You Get: PowerCore Essential 20000 PD, USB-C to C cable, travel pouch, welcome guide, our worry-free 18-month warranty, and friendly customer service.

Pricing and Availability: Anker’s PowerCore Essential 20000 PD is available to order now from amazon.com for a cost of $59.99, and should begin shipping immediately.

What are your thoughts on Anker’s latest portable charger without PowerIQ 3.0? Be sure to let us know with a reply!

9 Likes

Yay!! I’m sure many people will be happy to see a portable charger with PowerIQ 3.0 :clap:

1 Like

:man_facepalming:

Reread.

1 Like

:sob: forget anker. You failed us

1 Like

I kid you not, I would have put money on the fact that it said “with”. I read it like 3 times because this was a surprise. I’m going crazy…

1 Like

I think you failed us, @TechMan.

Probably that too. I do it all the time sadly :cry:

1 Like

That’s a shame.

I’ve never really needed QC or any other type of fast charging. If I’m using that much power, then most likely I’d be travelling WITH the external battery(ies). But I get it. Some people look for QC.

Slightly off topic but … will Anker make 60W PD batteries? Asking for my laptop.

1 Like

Perhaps put the without in bold @Insider :wink:

3 Likes

:joy::joy::joy: forgive us…

1 Like

Anker doesn’t make any power banks that provide more than 30W currently.

It has a 15W total shared output between the two ports. You can get 18W USB-C PD or 18W PowerIQ with a single device. But when charging two devices you lose all fast charging.

It does fill in a niche Anker was missing. They didn’t have any 18W USB-C PD 20,000mAh power banks. And competitors have been releasing similar spec models recently.

Can we get the product weight, please? I don’t believe Amazon’s listing of 7.4 ounces. Not for a 20,000mAh power bank. The actual weight is probably closer to the 15.8 ounces listed for shipping weight.

1 Like

18W per port but 15W shared output when using both ports? Something doesn’t add up. Need some additional power specs on this new battery but this looks like a hard pass for me. Clearly Anker is holding back on this model. I’m better off getting the PowerCore Speed 20100 PD but I’m waiting for a Slim improvement (unless its competition comes out first).

1 Like

I dunno if it’s a big deal missing 18W 20000 when they have 30W 26800. I guess the SLIM size is nice.

Also, this power bank is $59.99 now (sale). Or $99.99 with 30W PD wall charger (reg price).
The 30W 26800 version with 30W PD wall charger is $67.99 (EDIT: apparently this is a sale price. a HUGE sale too; normally $119).
If I were in the market for a high capacity battery, I think I’d be inclined to get the 26800 version.

1 Like

Not excited its not IQ3.0 But I’m using devices that have 2.0 and 3.0 and its not much of a difference for me to matter.

I have the PowerCore+ 20100 USB-C and love it but its to big and heavy to carry around in my pocket. It isn’t a big deal in my camera bag or laptop/backpack and that is where it generally lives. I find myself using a competitor powerbank that has similar specs just lighter and skinnier when I need to carry one.

But with this one, it might be a great replacement option when its time to replace one of mine.

1 Like

Really like the aesthetic of that :drooling_face:

1 Like

There’s no one ideal power bank spec for all users. Yes the PowerCore+ 26800 PD has more output and capacity. But it retails for $120 in the US. Yes it is on sale now, but I doubt it’ll stay at that price. More than double the new 18W 20,000mAh.

The 30W output is overkill if you don’t have a small laptop.

A 26,800mAh power bank is significantly larger and heavier. Not something you’d want to carry at an all day conference just for your phone.

You may prefer the larger model, and that’s fine. But others need less output, less capacity, and will benefit from the lower price and weight. There are a lot of niches in this market. Because there’s no universal spec that makes most users happy.

1 Like

Size looks promising

1 Like

Yet another item I’m not getting. :zipper_mouth_face:

The last Powercore I got was the 10000 PD, it has both 18W + 10W output and runs both so 28W output, so this new Powercore is actually less powerful.

As a suggestion Anker should make this:

• 36W total power, two IQ3.
  • if one port used then it gets 36W
  • if both used then port 1 gets all its needs “first refusal” of Power, and port 2 gets whatever is left but a minimum of 5W 5V 1A. So if both ports used, and say a laptop and a soundbuds connected, the laptop will get 31W and the buds 5W, if you connected two tablets, you can decide which gets priority on power but if they needed the same then for example you’d have two getting 18W each.
1 Like