[New Release] Introducing PowerLine Play 180!

I dont use wireless charging at all , because I dont own any devices for this kind of charging.
Hope I will not buy a wireless charger, though there is no need!
Would make me thinking about my mental state! :rofl::rofl::rofl:

Only for the right price :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

No more hands aching when charging and gaming!

1 Like

I can see situations where this might be useful. I can also see it driving me crazy when my new case won’t quite fit it. On balance, I can’t see myself purchasing one, but it isn’t far fetched to think that others might.

I think it would be more useful as an adapter of this shape, that could then be plugged into a USB-C cable. Then those who wanted it could buy one and use with any of their other cables.

But if you haven’t figured out a better way to hold a phone with a charging cable while using it in landscape by now, you haven’t been trying. This really isn’t that hard.

1 Like

I would get one if I see a GOOD sale on it tho

1 Like

I’d be more impressed if this had USB-C in both ends: https://www.amazon.com/Anker-Powerline-Certified-Delivery-Chromebook/dp/B07SNS51RK

Also @AnkerOfficial how about producing magnetic adapters or magnetic USB-C cables, similar to MagSafe? Right now, aftermarkets are making them but I’d love if Anker produced these in quantity and as multi-packs.

1 Like

I have no need for those but this is great design for those that game or watch movies and dont want to deal with the cable.

When I was on an 8hr flight I had to charge while watching a movie and it got old fast. But I almost never fly so it’s not needed

1 Like

I’d like to see these cables on the powerdraw :wink:

1 Like

It only supports 15w charging? Underwhelming

1 Like

Exactly. It solves a problem which is vanishing.

Someone doing a lot of gaming will pull themselves to a most recent faster phone, which will have more power needs, and pull to a higher wattage socket and cable.

Typed on a Huawei Mediapad M5 8.4 with 18W PD socket, non-Anker 6 inch C to C cable to a Powercore 10000 PD.

I’m therefore running an 18W unplugged with a portable charger which recharges in 4 hours. So long as my device can last 4 hours, I don’t need to be tied to a wall.

10W for gaming is going to be old quickly.

2 Likes

Hi, anyone know when these are hitting the UK please?

1 Like

It’s been here for a few weeks.

Currently £8 for C and £10 for Lightning.

2 Likes

I searched for powerline play 180 :roll_eyes:

Thank you :slight_smile:

1 Like

Where is the 6ft version :see_no_evil:

1 Like

Anker is imperfect in its Amazon listings, what I did was search Anker and sort by newest first, to see what’s new, it is mostly refurbished items, but that’s how I spotted it a while ago.

That and then a memory for details :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

This is the URL it gives me searching sorted but when I open the link it doesn’t get back to it.

I think because the theory is connected to a Powercore? I’d have thought a 1ft or less would be ideal.

Yeah, weird that the name isn’t even in the title…

Of course, you can’t rely on their website.

2 Likes

The name is only missing in the title, it’s dotted all through below

Screenshot_20200301_182951 Screenshot_20200301_183037

2 Likes

Thanks again.

These are perfect for longing or bed so 6ft is a necessity in my opinion.

1 Like

I expect if it sells well and feedback is for 6ft then it will happen, but must be necessarily thicker or bad.

Longer cables lose energy so must either be thicker or must use the higher voltage lower current method like a 20V PD. Loss is to the square of current and linear on resistance which is linear to distance. So if you used 20V rather than say 5V for a given Wattage, you lose 16 times less energy for a given thickness. I put a USB meter on my cables and the longer thinner ones lose about 5W more than the shorter thinner ones or thicker longer ones.

A 6 inch cable is an obvious need, you can make them thinner and connect to a Powercore underneath.

1 Like

This kind of adapter is very popular in China where mobile gaming is huge