[New Release] Introducing PowerLine Play 180!

Anker has just released its first cable with a 180 degree design… Take a look at PowerLine Play 180!

Features & details

• The Anker Advantage: Join the 50 million+ powered by our leading technology.
  • Optimized for Gaming: A unique 180° design minimizes slack and keeps the cable out of your way, making it easier to play games while your phone is charging.
  • Built to Last: The flat, tangle-resistant cable is built to withstand over 5,000 bends, while the sturdy 180° connector is less prone to splits and breaks than ordinary cables.
  • Case Friendly: The 180° connector is designed with extra space to easily accommodate cases up to 7 mm thick.
  • What You Get: PowerLine Play 180 Cable (3 ft), welcome guide, our worry-free 18-month warranty, and friendly customer service.

Pricing and Availability: Anker’s PowerLine Play 180 is available to order now from amazon.com starting at $11.99 and should begin shipping immediately.

What are your thoughts on Anker’s first cable with a 180 degree design? Be sure to let us know with a reply.

14 Likes

It seems cool if you need it, but I feel it’s selling to a very niche market.

Btw, any estimate on when that special edition golden cable will be released?

2 Likes

Whoops, updated!

Yes, later this quarter (by the end of March).

1 Like

It’s a good start, always wanted to have this kind of angled cable!

1 Like

I wonder if they took in consideration case thickness for this cable.

1 Like

It looks like it!

2 Likes

Mechanical lever. Damage to device.

2 Likes

Depending on the situation, such as gaming in the picture or even the occasional awkward dock, this had a place.

1 Like

While this seems like a good idea, I’ll probably stick to my regular cables

1 Like

I totally agree. It does look cool but not for me. I’m not a fan of flat cables. They tend to irritate me more then help. Besides this, I can only see it being used on an iphone vs ipad…thus, I wouldn’t want to just get this for my iphone. I’d rather have a regular Powerline cable and know that I can use it for all my idevices without worrying about the awkwardness of the cable.

1 Like

Same with the old Audio-plugs.
I like the the rectangle-ones better.

1 Like

Yes Yes Yes

I’ve been using cheap cables like this for my wife and daughter who always use there devices resting on their belly etc and bend traditional cables.

Please can we have these in a 2 pack also :+1:t2:

When are they hitting the UK?

2 Likes

USB-C version also available…for a lower cost of $11.99

4 Likes

This I something I would get - as I play too many games on my phone. More recently I’ve gotten into playing pool and the cable does get in the way.

But I’d have to wait for a price drop or offer to happen. Plus 2/3 packs would be ideal for kids etc

1 Like

How is it better than what I’m using today?

I am progressively moving away from USB A to USB C, and now can charge with C-C cables. I can now recharge a 100000mAh Powercore in 4 hours vs 8 hours a few years earlier.

1 Like

I can see this being used for those who want too carry a slim battery pack and phone together in a bag or pocket. I also see it being very handy for those who game or watch a lot of movies on their phones.

Those asking why? The answer is simple,there is a market for people who want a cable like this, sure it may not be something you use but others can and will.

1 Like

Another design for those who needs it.

2 Likes

Exactly, those who need, those will buy.
Those who don’t need, will not.
But sometimes those who don’t really need, will buy it too. :grin:

2 Likes

This is true… Happens all the time, I use wireless charging almost 95% of the times, still have lot of cables :joy:

2 Likes

I’m sure there’s a market for these, but I’ll pass. Sometimes my phone is awkward to hold when it’s plugged in, but I’m used to it at this point.

1 Like