[New Release] Introducing PowerLine III!

First of all nobody cares about micro USB cables, second every cable that anker comes out with has always been lightning cables first for every generation of cables. And thats what the problem is, it doesnt matter how many cables they make what matters is the generation and durability of these cables and the fact that they favor apple over all others.

4 Likes

And quite bizarre when you look at the market share information @Tank
Step aside Apple, your crown has slipped :smiling_imp:

1 Like

Have yourself some fun and go check out the amount each company made on smart phone sales in 2019. Because Apple is way ahead on profit still :joy:.

@kevin.mccormack first off I am an iPhone user. Apple will (most likely) switch to USB type C this year. An addition to that, USB-C has nothing to do with android phones, it’s just The universal standard for charging ports. Most of the stuff I use except my phone, and
My iPad (I have the budget model) is USB-C at this point.

USB-C makes a lot more sense for a cable if you’re only going to make one.

1 Like

Anker is a business that makes profit. They see the market and sales of Apple cables over Samsung and other phones. These decisions are not made based on favoritism or emotion/love towards Apple, I believe. What do you say @Tank?

@paulstevenewing I agree with the market share of Apple vs others.
You need to consider, there are plenty options and cheap cables for micro/mini USB or other connections for Android phones. People (most) just don’t care what brand they buy it from as they all tend to work without paying premium cost.

But Apple users look for known brands as they had enough experiences with non-working, non-durable cheap cables and on the otherside, the OEM cables being so expensive, genuine/proven brands like Anker makes huge success in that category.

Apple should really analyze how much share they loose by not selling accessories to their own customers :thinking:

:moneybag: My 2 cents :wink:

2 Likes

When will the other colours (PowerLine+ III) be available? Still says coming soon.

Also noticed anker.com/uk/powerline3 doesn’t list 6ft or mention iPhone 11/11 Pro/11 Pro Max as supported?

1 Like

Charging technology is changing faster than cables failing, my Powerline cables from 3 years ago still need to fail before I need new ones. My expensive but reliable MicroB cables in a draw as I’m largely C now.

1 Like