New Release - EufyCam E - Cameras x2 & Security Homebase

As reported first here by @joshuad11 , the EufyCam S has finally hit Amazon US. Specs are still a little vague but should be updated on Amazon shortly (and then here)

• 365-DAY BATTERY LIFE: IP65 weatherproof-rated camera runs for 365 days (or 3 years in Standby Mode) per charge indoors and out.
  • FULL HD SURVEILLANCE: 1080p resolution, combined with our night vision technology, ensures video is recorded with crystal-clear quality both day and night.
  • NO MONTHLY FEE: eufyCam E doesn’t require any monthly fees to use, and comes with a 16GB microSD card that stores up to one-year’s worth of recordings. Cloud storage service optional.
  • EASY INSTALLATION: Just stick the mount onto any flat surface and wireless surveillance with 2-way audio is ready to go.
  • WHAT’S INCLUDED: eufyCam E, HomeBase Station, Magnetic Indoor Mount, Secure Outdoor Mount,

eufyCam is designed from the ground up to offer wireless freedom. We eliminated power cables, wall outlets, and the need to drill holes, giving you freedom to install eufyCam practically anywhere. Stick the mount onto any flat surface and eufyCam’s ready to go—in less than a second; or just stick it directly onto most metallic surfaces.

In developing eufyCam, we made it our priority to offer the longest battery life in the industry to ensure a convenient and top-notch wire-free experience. So it only made sense that we partnered up with Anker—the leader in charging technology—to maximize the efficiency and charging speed of the battery.

This collaboration resulted in eufyCam having the power to run for 365 days (or 3 years in Standby Mode) per charge when actively monitoring areas such as your front door or driveway, not idling by in your attic.

The EufyCam S is available to order right now via Amazon US for a $469.99, in stock / shipping 12th Nov 2018.

8 Likes

Very cool. I’ve been waiting for these. Its more than can afford at the moment but I should be able to start saving for one sometime next year (to many projects I need to complete first.) I will have to build the system slowly over time. I need an 8 camera system to cover the house and out buildings on the property.

Looks very cool! I have an Arlo system and I love the fact that everything is wireless, so I’m glad Eufy built this on the same principle.

Looks interesting!

It’s a nice entry to the Eufy security system. I wonder if they will work with the EverCam - both connecting to the same HomeBase.

I am a kickstater backer of these and on the backerboard there are numerous reports of range issues - some of which are bugs in software and some are performance issues with the stream even at close range - the penetration and the quality of the stream seems to be centered around the low power WiFi that is used. It may or may not be addressable without a range extender. The product uses its own WiFi from base to cameras.
I personally haven’t received mine as of yet.

1 Like

Date first listed on Amazon August 14, 2018

How many cameras will the home base support?

I would like to see a “stealth” black color. Why do they make security cameras in white?

3 Likes

Issac -One HomeBase unit supports up to 16 cameras and 34 sensors simultaneously. This is according to the FAQ on the Kickstarter site.

Nhi - the company has said they are working on skins for the Cams… White is generally chosen due to the Black absorbing a lot of heat and electronics Plus batteries only have a window where they will work correctly. The Cam temp range is -4°F (-20°C) winter or scorching 122°F (50°C) in the summer

4 Likes

I came here to complain about the range. No way this can go on the outside of my house. I put the base in my living room, even stand inside 25 feet away the signal is weak.

2 Likes

Does it have inferred for night vision? I’ve seen some info about the product, and not all questions were answered.

1 Like

Edit* In my original response I thought the thread was for the Eufy evercam not the Eufycam s.

I am not sure if the if the Eufycam S has IR

1 Like

This comment is about the Eufy Cam outdoor camera not the S. I just got off the phone with support. So the camera range is good. There are one or 2 issues being reported regarding range. The first is the app reporting weak signal, there’s a bug in the software and it’s not accurate. If you look at the signal in that app anything above 100k/s is acceptable speed. I was above that about < 60 ft from the base and outside. This was my issue, apparently there is also a firmware fix if you aren’t seeing these numbers. They should email backers with this info. Basically if you can see a live feed in the app, your good. I do want these indoor cams now too, lol.

1 Like

That makes sense. Thanks for the clarification.

Much like the Soundcore Life 2, there are similar products that a comparison chart would be nice. Like if there is a kit with more than two cameras or if the extra cameras will be sold separately

1 Like

So… It appears as though eufyCam S has been rebranded to eufyCam E.

3 Likes

ohh looking forward to it but at the same time the price seems kinda high if it is 469.99

Well, the price is steep and I am in the market for something to replace my 1st gen Arlo. I don’t want to spend that much that is why I didn’t buy the Arlo 2. Also it’s currently unavailable on Amazon… I’ll keep looking.

Okay so I just noticed it won’t be available until 12 November. I love the battery life versus the competition… but what sets this apart from the others? Why is it worth over $100 more than the rest?

I, too, am having homebase range issues. with the Eufy Cam (not S). Recently recieved and tried to install Front Door camera but get no signal. My router is upstairs in my home office. Unless I am upstairs, inside I get no signal. Is there a way to use a signal extender? For now, I will buy a 50’ ethernet cable and try to move the homebase downstairs closer to the front door. But if I do that, I am afraid I won’t be able to install a backyard camera due to poor signal.

Right now, I am very disappointed as I have waited months for the cameras only to not be able to use them.

Is there another Eufy Cam forum to get tips and help on this?