[New Release] 5A PowerLine III USB-C Now Available!

Anker has finally released a PowerLine III USB-C cable with support for charging at speeds up to 100W… Take a look!

Features & details

• The Anker Advantage: Join the 55 million+ powered by our leading technology.
  • High-Speed Compatible: If you’re in a hurry, pair up PowerLine with a 100W charger to power up your MacBook Pro 16ʺ to 38% in just 30 minutes—that’s 58% faster than with a 60W charger and cable. (Charger not included).
  • Dual-Chip Design: Designed with an advanced E-Marker chip in each connector for greater charging stability and higher efficiency.
  • Slimmer Yet Stronger: Constructed with quadruple bulletproof fiber cores to withstand up to 25,000 bends. An upgraded internal structure means the latest generation of PowerLine is even slimmer than its predecessors—with no reduction in strength.
  • What You Get: PowerLine III USB-C to USB-C 2.0 Cable (6 ft), hook-and-loop cable tie, welcome guide, worry-free lifetime warranty, and friendly customer service.

Pricing and Availability: Anker’s 6’ 5A PowerLine III USB-C is available to order now from amazon.com for $17.99 and should begin shipping immediately.

What are your thoughts on Anker’s 5A PowerLine III USB-C? Be sure to let us know with a reply!

We are still anticipating a version with faster data transfer speeds…

9 Likes

It’s certainly been long enough x

I have 0 use for this, but I’m sure it’s a solid cable for those who can take advantage of it.

1 Like

I have a 16in MacBook Pro and I’m curious about this product. It’s no secret that the cables Apple includes, even in with the MacBook Pros are not of the highest quality. It would be awesome if we could get this braided with a lifetime guarantee at launch or soon after.

1 Like

I’m guessing between $25-$30

1 Like

Good new release, but I have no use for it :slight_smile:

1 Like

So far 3 people in this thread (me included) have no use for such a cable

1 Like

Unlike PowerLine USB-C to DC, this is a cable with increasing demand. Devices with PD input above 60W are becoming more common.

3 Likes

Im guessing for people who own laptops/chromebooks?

1 Like

Yes, although tablets and even phones may be pushing that boundary soon.

1 Like

Gauge?

5A needs.

1 Like

I do have use but need to buy a 60-100W PD wall charger to use this

1 Like

Required for their hubs and the 100W Powercore when it comes. Logical to come out with one before it hinders their sales in the hubs. I saw some latops 85W needs, so add hub…

Waiting for the person who asks for a 10ft version…

1 Like

At least to get the maximum output… Great point!

I’ll grab a few of these to replace existing cables anyway.
Magnetic adapters would be a good option too

2 Likes

Will there be 1ft and 3ft versions as well? Above is only 6ft mentioned

1 Like

The need for thicker and quality cables increase with cable length. At 6ft there’s plenty of places for a bad wire to resist 5A and age the cable faster.

Buts never forget that USB being a low voltage higher current protocol is never intentioned by engineers to be a long cable. Power losses and how much copper and manufacturing costs lower in a higher voltage lower current such as the main electrical grid.

So Powerstrips to bring the wall sockets nearer, corded wall chargers to bring the usb socket nearer, and the shortest possible USB cable, are truths independent of suppliers.

For shorter like 1ft cable, you probably are going to be fine using non-Anker cable, carry a spare and save money. 3ft is very popular and I’m sure would make sense from Anker. Anyone asking for 10ft needs to understand the consequences on cost, thickness or performance.

6ft from Anker solves the corner case earlier and I expect 3ft soon. 1ft probably never / long wait. You could probably just certify the existing 3A 3ft cables are good enough.

Everyone with their box of Powerline MicroB cables they paid extra know you can over spend on cables.

1 Like

At 25m40s this cable is shown.

1 Like

Not exactly, that is the older PowerLine II version.

You’re correct, my bad. Apparently I own the II. What’s the difference II Vs III?

1 Like

Thinner (more flexible), more durable, and more expensive.