New product

8 Likes

Cool @nigelhealy!

Do the photos just typically not show up immediately after notification or are they just not there?

Guessing it’s Zolo Mojo/Halo

The photos there

https://apps.fcc.gov/oetcf/eas/reports/ViewExhibitReport.cfm?mode=Exhibits&RequestTimeout=500&calledFromFrame=Y&application_id=n1BpEkDs3Ca3p2vZLn%2FFwA%3D%3D&fcc_id=2AB7K-Z6000

https://apps.fcc.gov/eas/GetApplicationAttachment.html?id=3603067

1 Like

So still waiting on the Mojo.

Nice so the first Zolo Alexa speaker is coming. Was it the speaker for $79?

Something like that, yes. This is the one with Alexa. The Mojo is also expected to launch soon with Google Assistant.

OK I’ll ask my dumb question.

Why would I want Alexa or Google Assistant?

I have my phone and my keys, I need something else too?

1 Like

Its suppose to make our lives easier.

Huh. Instead of getting up and turn a light on, I have to go to Amazon, order a thing, open its box and then learn how to use it, then after parting with money I can talk to turn off my light. Am I a net better off in time saved?

Reminds me of this:

While it doesn’t apply as much for Alexa, the Google Assistant can a lot of questions you have and you can ask both for the weather forecast!

takes phone out of pocket, says “OK Google what is tomorrow’s weather”.

What can’t I do with what I already own?

I’m channeling non-geek advocacy to force out the killer app reason eluding me.

Please bear in mind I spend about $40 on gadgets things this last month on repairing years-old stuff, because old stuff means no time learning new stuff.

Sent from a very long pretty sunset California due to local smoke from fires. Cough.

1 Like

I can totally understand why you have this doubts. I mean now the assistants are not really smart. A study shows that the google assistant has an IQ of an 5 year old child.

I mean these assistants are not really smart and not helpful but with the work which Anker(Eufy/Zolo), Amazon, Google are doing they improve the products. Because of course use Amazon the cloud with machine learning to analyze the process.

I will not buy an Eufy genie in the next time because it is the first version but I think that in 3-4 years every speaker has an smart assistant which is than really smart.

But for now it is more like a toy and add-ons like smart light bulbs are expensive.

1 Like

“Google, will there be an earthquake tomorrow?”

“Alexa, what stock should I buy?”

“Google, merge quantum mechanics and gravity and give me a warp engine”

That would be intelligence worth buying.

I’m with Nigel, I understand why people want this but I’d rather spend my money on other things and save the laziness for when I’m chilling beach side. Not when I’m home.

I have a Motorola phone, it has hello Moto which does the same as all of those but is 3 years old now and the novelty has worn off

Do either of you have one?

I just hope it has better mics than the Genie!

I did have an Alexa that was given to me, I sold it to a coworker because I maybe used it twice for music but that was it

One does not simply disrespect Anker
“Google, is Anker an okay company?”
“Google, is there a predator drone above me?”
“Google, How fast does an American Hellfire Missile fly?”

1 Like